The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying for a uni with higher entry requirements than predicted grades?

Hi, im a 2nd year college student studying History, English Language and Law. My predicted grades are BBC with the C in history. However I want to apply to a Uni with entry requirements of BBB. Is it worth it? Or am I wasting an application?
Reply 1
yes, it’s good to have an aspirational choice (or two)! just make sure your other universities have entry requirements at and below your predicted grades to prevent you getting 5 rejections
Original post by maddyloveridge1
yes, it’s good to have an aspirational choice (or two)! just make sure your other universities have entry requirements at and below your predicted grades to prevent you getting 5 rejections

If I exceed my predicted grades in my actual A-level exams in 2024, can I go to a better uni? Or am I stuck with the ones who offered me a place?
Reply 3
Original post by multidimentity
If I exceed my predicted grades in my actual A-level exams in 2024, can I go to a better uni? Or am I stuck with the ones who offered me a place?

if a university (and course) you like the look of with higher requirements enters clearing in 2024, provided you meet the requirements on results day you can phone them up and chat with them to see if they could offer you a place. then you would decline your firm choice (presuming you exceed the grades required for their course) and add the new university as your clearing choice after 1pm. they will then accept your application subject to checks that the info you told them over the phone was correct and you are now a student at that uni!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending