The Student Room Group

Law offers - 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maths7219103
Totally valid thing to feel and understand the frustration in waiting. I am praying for you and hope you get into where you want to go. I would also note that your application is probably slightly stronger since you already have your grades, concrete grades are preferable to predicteds even if they don't say it.

I really hope this is true 😩 I’m applying as a gap year student too 3 A* and A, do they look at them higher?
Original post by lunaisokay
I really hope this is true 😩 I’m applying as a gap year student too 3 A* and A, do they look at them higher?
Fundamentally/officially there is no stated difference, but in reality, yes, your 3 A stars and one A achieved is going to be preferred to predicteds if all else is equal, because you already achieved it vs another person who still has to sit a very stressful exam series to get them... in other words, your capacity to meet the requirements is already proven whilst others aren't... additionally, predicted grades can be very inflated and unis know that. Once again, like others worrying here, your set of grades is excellent so I would be surprised if you were rejected from the unis you are applying to, those should get you into any unis other than Oxbridge without difficulty (if you are applying to Oxbridge, you'll need strong extracurriculars as you probably know well!).
(edited 1 month ago)
Fundamentally/officially there is no stated difference, but in reality, yes, your 3 A stars and one A achieved is going to be preferred to predicteds if all else is equal, because you already achieved it vs another person who still has to sit a very stressful exam series to get them... in other words, your capacity to meet the requirements is already proven whilst others aren't... additionally, predicted grades can be very inflated and unis know that. Once again, like others worrying here, your set of grades is excellent so I would be surprised if you were rejected from the unis you are applying to, those should get you into any unis other than Oxbridge without difficulty (if you are applying to Oxbridge, you'll need strong extracurriculars as you probably know well!).

Thank you I’ve already received an offer from Durham and Birmingham, rejected from KCL for my lnat (not suprised), waiting on UCL and LSE, really got my fingers crossed
just got rejected from leeds with A*AA 98887766 and a very strong ps:/
Original post by lunaisokay
Thank you I’ve already received an offer from Durham and Birmingham, rejected from KCL for my lnat (not suprised), waiting on UCL and LSE, really got my fingers crossed

Best of luck!
Original post by madmad21
just got rejected from leeds with A*AA 98887766 and a very strong ps:/

Don’t give up hope! Don’t worry better things will come
I applied to Bristol in October and still haven’t heard back other than being put on hold twice!!!
Original post by smartcookie10
Don’t give up hope! Don’t worry better things will come

thank you 🩷 god has another plan for me but it’s still disheartening considering the only unis i have left is LSE and bristol
Totally valid thing to feel and understand the frustration in waiting. I am praying for you and hope you get into where you want to go. I would also note that your application is probably slightly stronger since you already have your grades, concrete grades are preferable to predicteds even if they don't say it.

Yeah my application is a weird one, I'm an extremely contextual student, I didn't even sit my GCSEs due to illness, but because it was the year they were going off of teachers assesment I was given 877666552, and my A levels are A*AB but some of them were self taught and others I had school lessons. 27 on lnat as contextual and pretty confident in the essay. PS is banging, and so is my reference, the first sentence literally says he finished 2nd in his cohort of like 200.

But better applicants than me have got rejected, I'm just vibing now lol, I'll see the decision when I see the decision. I've been rejected from kings, got shortlisted for camb FY and have interviews next month, and am waiting on UCL, and LSE. And SOAS which I don't care about. I hope our application gets us to UCL and LSE!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Samuel.
I applied to Bristol in October and still haven’t heard back other than being put on hold twice!!!

i’m on hold since feb argh
Original post by madmad21
i’m on hold since feb argh

me too ahhhhh
has anyone gotten any response from LSE? it's been a while since i've sent my app and i still havent heard anything other than an LNAT ID email thing
Original post by bighmoney
has anyone gotten any response from LSE? it's been a while since i've sent my app and i still havent heard anything other than an LNAT ID email thing

nope! i applied pre-oxbridge deadline and haven’t heard anything, there’s still quite a lot of people waiting so it’s not unusual, especially since lse are notorious for being late. good luck!!
Original post by bighmoney
Im waiting too they're taking forever
has anyone heard for warwick or know when we will hear back?
Original post by CharlotteRose-05
has anyone heard for warwick or know when we will hear back?

i heard back in early jan :smile:
Original post by isha_07
i heard back in early jan :smile:
well done- are u international
Original post by CharlotteRose-05
well done- are u international

nope! home, non-contextual. i’ll put my stats since it may be helpful for you and others: predicted a*a*a with an a* achieved in epq, all nines in gcse (10 in total)! i did the lnat for my other universities but obviously that’s not considered for warwick. good luck to you :smile:
Original post by inspiredstudy123
Im waiting too they're taking forever

i've heard that some people have but the majority is still waiting. apparently they wait until late april.
Original post by eliaaaaa
i've heard that some people have but the majority is still waiting. apparently they wait until late april.

yeah I'm only waiting on lse now ☹️ I'm so scared that accommodation at other unis will fill up and if I get rejected from lse really late I won't find any at the other unis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending