The Student Room Group

Apply to Sheffield Architecture with AAC

hi,
The entry requirements are AAA and I am eligible for a contextual offer for AAB but i got AAC for my predicted. I can try to convince my teacher to increase it by one grade to AAB. However, I feel like I would not be considered even if i meet the contextual offer since other students will get AAA. Should I still apply?
Original post by jvsminetea
hi,
The entry requirements are AAA and I am eligible for a contextual offer for AAB but i got AAC for my predicted. I can try to convince my teacher to increase it by one grade to AAB. However, I feel like I would not be considered even if i meet the contextual offer since other students will get AAA. Should I still apply?

The same advice that I gave you on your other thread re UCL - one or two aspirational choices are fine. Just make sure that you meet or exceed the requirements for your other choices. But do bear in mind that the portfolio plays a key part in the application process for many architecture courses - it's not just about your grades.
Hi there,

Since your predicted are close to your requirements I would still say you can consider applying. While grades are important you can make yourself a desirable student even further in your personal statement. Present yourself as a dedicated, passionate student and you may be able to boost your application this way.

I would recommend having one or two safety choices which fit in your predicted. Most have this just in case it doesn't go to plan with exams so they hold a place.

Good luck in applying,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)
Original post by jvsminetea
hi,

Hi,

As other people have said having a couple of choices that are slightly above your predicted grades is very common and advised as long as the other choices are lower.
In reference to the contextual offer, uni's won't prioritise those with higher grades that don't meet the contextual offers over those with slightly lower grades that meet the contextual criteria as that would defeat the purpose of contextual offers. So you would still be considered (although obviously nothing guarantees a place), having a strong portfolio and personal statement would also boost your chances.

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending