The Student Room Group

do uni offers say what subjects you need which grades in

i'm going to be predicted A*A*A but the A is in maths and i'm applying to architecture. if i had the same grades but maths was an A* and something else was the A would that increase my chances? even though maths isn't required it is preferred

i hope this makes sense i wasnt sure how to word it
Reply 1
Depends on each Uni. Some will make 'aspirational' offers if your predicted grades/subjects don't quite meet their standard offer, but others may not be this flexible.

Which Unis are you thinking of applying to for Architecture?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Depends on each Uni. Some will make 'aspirational' offers if your predicted grades/subjects don't quite meet their standard offer, but others may not be this flexible.

Which Unis are you thinking of applying to for Architecture?

cambridge (not sure what college)
bath
sheffield
thinking - cardiff, ucl, nottingham, manchester
Original post by mymelo
cambridge (not sure what college)
bath
sheffield
thinking - cardiff, ucl, nottingham, manchester

Bath website states; Your entry qualifications should ideally include Mathematics and/or Physics, together with an art or design subject.
Sheffield; A Levels + additional qualifications AAB + B in Core Maths
Cardiff; AAA-AAB PLUS If you do not have a background in an art and design subject, we may ask you to submit a portfolio alongside your application. The portfolio should contain work that demonstrates your creative capacity; this could be showcasing your skills in drawing, photography, pottery, a spatial practice through dance, choreography or filmmaking or anything that captures your individuality.
Original post by mymelo
i'm going to be predicted A*A*A but the A is in maths and i'm applying to architecture. if i had the same grades but maths was an A* and something else was the A would that increase my chances? even though maths isn't required it is preferred

i hope this makes sense i wasnt sure how to word it

The only two unis that require an A* and prefer/require maths are Bath and Cambridge. Neither of them specify that the A* needs to be in maths.

I think you've been directed to the following thread before regarding A level requirements for architecture:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending