The Student Room Group

Applying to Uni with AAC

I want to apply to do Ancient History & History and Uni for Sept 2024 and my UCAS grades are going to be A (History) A (DT) C (Biology) - Will the C in biology ruin my chances of applying to Unis like Nottingham (ABB) or Cardiff (ABB) because I'm applying with a C in biology or will they be more lenient since it isn't exactly related and my grade in History is good.
Original post by minecraftblock64
I want to apply to do Ancient History & History and Uni for Sept 2024 and my UCAS grades are going to be A (History) A (DT) C (Biology) - Will the C in biology ruin my chances of applying to Unis like Nottingham (ABB) or Cardiff (ABB) because I'm applying with a C in biology or will they be more lenient since it isn't exactly related and my grade in History is good.

Nobody can tell for certain except the universities themselves. Technically you dont meet the offer so they could reject you. However universities sometimes make reach offers so they might accept you. It is worth applying but make sure at least a couple of your option might the grades.
Reply 2
Original post by minecraftblock64

give it a go,courses like that arent very popular anyway. it would usually matter mostly in the case of say maths economics law medicine etc. very competitive courses, but these usualylg o into clearing too, with much more lenient grade requirements and leeway
Original post by spyhke
give it a go,courses like that arent very popular anyway. it would usually matter mostly in the case of say maths economics law medicine etc. very competitive courses, but these usualylg o into clearing too, with much more lenient grade requirements and leeway

yeah that's what I was thinking when I went to the Cardiff open day in the summer they said they usually only have 60 people apply for Ancient History compared to my friend who went to their Media course that had 300+ applicants a year
Reply 4
Interested in your choice of DT - can you link that to the ancient history in your personal statement i.e. I'm wondering if you are a budding experimental archaeologist? Even the Biology could link in if your interests are towards archaeology.
Original post by Artjen
Interested in your choice of DT - can you link that to the ancient history in your personal statement i.e. I'm wondering if you are a budding experimental archaeologist? Even the Biology could link in if your interests are towards archaeology.

well i originally wanted to go into a architecture career which is why i did DT but am now leaning more towards the conservation of historical buildings/archeological interests to keep that kind of building but i hate modern architecture and didn’t want to be stuck designing blocks of flats haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending