The Student Room Group

how could anyone be pro-israel?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttly
I support both. Both the traumatised innocent people in Palestine and the traumatised innocent people in Israel. All those people who have been victims of violence. In that respect I support Palestinians and Israeli's who are caught up in this never ending violent madness.

I think you have to support everyone involved - on both sides to be to find a way forward. The innocent parties should have the loudest voices in these discussions.

Why is it though, that there is no effort to support or remove young boys from this hell hole arena of violence in Palestine? It seems some Palestinian men think it perfectly acceptable to allow their very young male children to run around with them and with all the other angry violent men and to witness the abhorrent violence. These same young boys copy and mimic the violence they see and register it as 'normal' They have 24/7 exposure to flash point anger that they witness from the grown men. They learn to react as the men and normalise it all as 'acceptable' behaviour. Do these young boys have a choice? No - because the adults in charge are deciding for them.

What effect is the violence having on the young developing minds as they search through the rubble for dead bodies with the men 'looking after' them. They all see bodies ripped apart or in the process of dying? What do the adults want these children to learn? These same adult men make no attempt to keep the young boys away from the dead, away from the bodies in pain, away from the traumatic dismemberment. There is no effort to even try and prevent them seeing the harrowing scenes of distress and butchery. Missile strikes will kill where ever they land, indoors or out. These young boys deserve a chance not to be brutalised. But sadly they will never be able to understand the term 'peace'

These young boys didn't ask to be part of the madness. Why isn't there any attempt to shield them, just as is done with young girls - to ensure all children are kept away from the carnage as much as possible? If Israel had brought along its children to help clear away the dead from the scene of the massacre on October 7th there would have been outrage from every corner of the world.

This is child abuse. Why hasn't anyone anywhere called it out for what it is? - Whether pro Palestine or pro Israel or the rest of the educated world?

maybe because they are displaced, can't leave, lost their homes and are now in a crowded area. child abuse is the least of their concerns, it's about staying alive and if someone has been bombed, helping them be rescued. a collective effort may you call it. children want to be able to see their parents, if they have been hit by a bomb, they want them to be alive and rescue them. emphasising a lot on this.

before the war and during relative peace, both sides had reasons but i'll talk soley about palestinians as you mention them due to the war.

most children become "angry" which turns into violence when their parents tell them the story of how they lost their homes, to arguably terrorists, or" voluntarily fled" by this injustice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ZDSWztrLM&t=4s. example of a confession about a massacre. apartheid characterised by many organisations,in the West Bank, state-backed settler violence, stopped and searched by the idf, waking up in the middle of the night to the idf checking your home. friends dying much more. other than that most people are normal they just get on with their lives. working to sustain themselves. the facts on the ground are different to what we see on social media.

who says they are being looked after, what do you want them to do, play on a PlayStation,a bit hard rn. they have nowhere to go. you have gotten the point on the trauma after the war but it's war. a brutal one but what can the parents do? you seem to make the assumption there is somewhere safe, to put it to a point nowhere is safe. in Israel while underfire, the chances of a rocket hitting and killing you are a lot lower than the 2000ib bombs being dropped everywhere. child abuse is the least of the concerns of the world as the world is short-sighted. you can hear true horror stories from gaza but it isn't voluntary.

you also make it general and specific. it isn't just boys it is also girls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKvbRbvDcA
they are also exposed to carnage, do you think a bomb being dropped near you will make things better? especially when someone tells you your mother died. they may not see it but yeah.

here is some violence in gaza, it is kind of an insult to think girls are safe from brutal horrors or don't see violence as they do even some of the worst horrors you describe.
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231203-brave-gazan-girl-prioritises-familys-rescue-after-israeli-air-strike/ . are they doing more to protect girls from violence perhaps but it isn't going to do much.
Original post by x-wing_pilot
yknow i feel bad for you. so horribly misinformed most likely through no fault of your own.

Hamas (with one M) has never bombed a school, not a hospital, both of which are warcrimes. Israel has, though, and as such should be put on trial by international law. We'll see how that goes, I guess.
And no, many Israelis are quite happy with the situation, posting seductive mirror selfies captioned 'war days' and posting tiktoks of their running water and washing machines, in which they taunt Palestinians for not having the same due to Israel removing their access. (In case you didn't get that: Israel stopped Gaza's WATER supply. WATER, which humans can't go more than three days without.)

Hamas have also committed plenty of war crimes. yknow i feel bad for you. so horribly misinformed most likely through no fault of your own to claim that either side are the goodies/baddies.
Original post by Florence_6791
Look at Palestinian journalists such as Motaaz and IDF soldiers post it themselves. It's a trend on Israeli tiktok to make fun of Palestine just google it. Before I condemn Hamas I condemn Israel. If Israel never happened than Hamas would never have been created.

You have a very one-sided view of these things. Both sides commit atrocities. Both sides indoctrinate their children with vile propaganda. Palestinians celebrate the deaths of Isrealis as much as Israelis celebrate the deaths of Palestinians.

Why do you think Hamas carried out the October attack, specifically targeting civilians in such a horrendous way? (many of the reports of vicious violence, rape, mutilation, and murdered children have been independently verified) What do you think they hoped to acheive? A massive over-reaction by Israel is EXACTLY what they wanted to happen. Hamas planned the attack knowing full well the death, destruction and suffering it would bring down on ordinary Palestinians, simply to generate public outcry around the world. The civilians in Gaza are just expendible pawns to the Hamas leadership.
Original post by Florence_6791
Listen, it's hard to argue with people who genuinely are blinded. As Nelson Mandela said ‘our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of Palestine’. I hope you open your eyes and heart to the truth and actually educate yourself with intelligent academics such as Pappe and Finkelstein, all of whom are Jewish and Israeli. I also hope that before you wholeheartedly defend Israel, you learn how to spell the terror state. ❤️💚🤍🖤

The people of Palestine need to be freed from both Israeli occupation and the abuse of Hamas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending