The Student Room Group

My GF has really shocked me ...

We were watching a film together and Gal Gadot is in it.

First thing she says is "She's beautiful, shame she's Israeli".

I mean wtf ?

It doesn't shock me personally because I'm not from Israel, it's just shocking to hear someone outright say they don't like someone because of where they're from and what their state is doing.

It's like saying "Shame he/her is from Iran so I don't like them".
Reply 1
See a lot of people doing stuff like that. Yeah israels government doing some dodgy stuff ( i dont really know what so i wont comment on it ) and all of a sudden it means all the people from there are bad.
It's a political woke thing linked to the #FreePalestine movement, when atrocities have been committed by both sides. The normal everyday people from both nations are guiltless though, just seems very bigoted of your girlfriend to make such a disgusting comment based purely on someone's ethnicity and not on their actions.
Reply 3
She says that what she meant is that it's a shame she's from Israel but more Israel the state than Israeli the people.

She says I should know she's not antisemitic and it would have been obvious had I asked her what she meant... But as I said, it shocked me. How am I suppose to guess what she means ?
Reply 4
she is just spouting racist garbage off the interwebs. avoid.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
She says that what she meant is that it's a shame she's from Israel but more Israel the state than Israeli the people.

She says I should know she's not antisemitic and it would have been obvious had I asked her what she meant... But as I said, it shocked me. How am I suppose to guess what she means ?

If she is critical of the Israeli government then that's what she should have said.

It sounds like she's back-pedalling because you challenged her for making the comment. I wouldn't want to associate with someone like that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending