The Student Room Group

Is using other code discouraged in Computer Science NEA?

Hi,

I am completing the OCR A-Level Computer Science NEA and was wondering whether it would be possible to use existing source code for my solution, but amend and build upon it and add new features?

Essentially, I am making a game and I want to use a cool tutorial online. Would it be ok if i used the same mechanics, changed the graphics to better suit my project, and add extra features?

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by noz25
Hi,

I am completing the OCR A-Level Computer Science NEA and was wondering whether it would be possible to use existing source code for my solution, but amend and build upon it and add new features?

Essentially, I am making a game and I want to use a cool tutorial online. Would it be ok if i used the same mechanics, changed the graphics to better suit my project, and add extra features?

thanks

You'll need to credit the original author of the code. You won't get any marks for code that isn't yours.
Reply 2
Original post by noz25
Hi,

thanks

You’re certainly allowed to take code along as you credit it, but taking a large amount of code is a bit dishonest. It’s not really your project then is it?

Quick Reply

Latest