The Student Room Group

Computer Science AQA NEA help

I'm aiming to get an A* on the NEA coursework, however after looking at exemplar pieces i am now highly doubtful, as I've been carrying my grade heavily with my theory papers. I've been trying to code a chess AI, but even using a tutorial I'm sturggling an awful lot, and I'm assuming you cant use any outside resources for this NEA. My teacher also wants this project done before we go back in September so roughly 6 weeks time. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I doubt you will be able to finish it in 6 weeks.and if you feel that a chess AI is too complex, you could try something easier - like coding regular chess but adding your own feature. In most of the examples I've seen, the programme itself isn't anything special. You just have to do well in all the other stages of the project
Reply 2
Original post by tej3141
I doubt you will be able to finish it in 6 weeks.and if you feel that a chess AI is too complex, you could try something easier - like coding regular chess but adding your own feature. In most of the examples I've seen, the programme itself isn't anything special. You just have to do well in all the other stages of the project

Do you think the use of tutorials, as long as you state that you've used them, will be allowed? Obviously I wont copy it line for line. But I can't see how I'm meant to complete a project of this scale when the most complex thing I've made before is a dice simulator and we get no guidance from our teacher...
Original post by Reecejh
Do you think the use of tutorials, as long as you state that you've used them, will be allowed? Obviously I wont copy it line for line. But I can't see how I'm meant to complete a project of this scale when the most complex thing I've made before is a dice simulator and we get no guidance from our teacher...

Yh a lot of people go into a level computer science without properly knowing how to code -myself included. If you don't follow the tutorial line for line and you add your own parts, I don't think you have to mention that you used one
Reply 4
im finished guys i have deadline in 3 weeks and have done little to none!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending