The Student Room Group

Help me, I don’t know how to become better in Islam

I am a Muslim and I believe very strongly in everything about Islam, I believe there is only one lord and prophet Muhammad is his messenger, however I am struggling a lot. I am never able to pray my salat at all, I always find myself lying, i backbite, and I never read the Quran. I am disappointed in the way that I act but I never change. I don’t know what to do, so much that it comes to the point when I end up crying and I hate my actions.
Please help me.
Reply 1
Only thing you can do is start praying. Start reading the Qur'an. There is no magic pill or solution. Get interested in Islam, it's origin, Prophets (PBUH) Life. Talk to the right people, let them know you need guidance and a bit of motivation.
Reply 2
Asalamualaykum sister/brother,

I would advise you to pray to Allah and ask for guidance, know that he hears your duas and he knows the struggles you are going through. Allah is all forgiving, all merciful. You have to start from somewhere, start from tomorrow - pray 1 prayer, then increase it slowly. Understand that prayer is more than a ritualistic act, it's a way to converse with Allah and to connect with Allah. Allah is all hearing, make du'a that Allah makes things easier for you. Set notifications for praying (i recommend the Salam salah app). They also have a Qur'an player on that app, listen to some ayahs and read the meanings.
InshaAllah, I pray that Allah makes things easier for you :smile:

Original post by Heythere…
I am a Muslim and I believe very strongly in everything about Islam, I believe there is only one lord and prophet Muhammad is his messenger, however I am struggling a lot. I am never able to pray my salat at all, I always find myself lying, i backbite, and I never read the Quran. I am disappointed in the way that I act but I never change. I don’t know what to do, so much that it comes to the point when I end up crying and I hate my actions.
Please help me.
Reply 3
Original post by Heythere…
Please help me.

You must place an emphasis on establishing the salaah, praying it on time, fulfilling its pillars and obligations, and having khushoo'. Allaah said (meaning):
{Recite, [O Muḥammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prevents immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allāh is greater. And Allāh knows that which you do.} [al-'Ankaboot 29:45] So if you put an effort to focus on correcting and perfecting your salaah, then everything else will fall into place, in shaa' Allaah.

Abandoning the salaah is disbelief, according to some scholars. From their evidences, they bring the hadeeth (meaning): “The covenant between us and them (the disbelievers) is the Prayer (as-Salāh), so whoever abandons it has disbelieved.” (at-Tirmidhee 2621 authentic upon the conditions of Imām Muslim). So it is a very serious matter, one that could possibly lead to you remaining in the Hellfire for eternity, with no escape. Another hadeeth which shows the severity of this matter is (meaning): "Whoever leaves the ‘Asr prayer [deliberately], then all his good deeds will be nullified.” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree 553]

Also, make lots of du'aa for Allaah to guide you.

After this, the best cure, and Allaah knows best, is to seek Islamic knowledge. The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said (meaning): Whoever travels a path in search of knowledge, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise.” [Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2699]. When you start seeking knowledge, your appreciation and love for the religion increases, and gets you closer to Allaah. I recommend that you go to the Youtube channel "Garden of Ilm" and go the playlists section and start watching the playlist "Important Lessons", which covers the essential knowledge for every Muslim (but most overlook). After this, you can watch the playlists "The three principles", "The four rules", "The book of Tawheed", etc.
If you need any further help, I would be happy to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending