The Student Room Group

Will universities that don't ask for the MAT be able to see our results?

Hi! I'm procrastinating on my last minute MAT/TMUA preparation by asking this question. I'm taking both (MAT for Imperial and TMUA for the rest).

I already emailed TCS, the new administrators of the MAT, but they haven't replied (it might be the wrong email though since I've only found one and it seems to be mostly an inbox for technical issues). My question is: Will there be an option to share our MAT scores with universities that don't ask for it. If there is the option, what's the procedure. There are 2 cases for this.

Case 1) Cambridge where interview offers come out before MAT scores. Will there be an avenue to submit our MAT scores to the admissions tutors in consideration for interview shortlisting. I'm quite desperate and worried that my grades won't be enough for shortlisting lmao.

Case 2) Other unis where offers come out after MAT scores. I'm not even sure how to submit the scores, do I just email them and say; "here's my scores" and attach, what I assume to be given by then, a score report?

I would be very grateful for any answers. It seems TCS isn't giving any.
Original post by DocBonus
Hi! I'm procrastinating on my last minute MAT/TMUA preparation by asking this question. I'm taking both (MAT for Imperial and TMUA for the rest).

I already emailed TCS, the new administrators of the MAT, but they haven't replied (it might be the wrong email though since I've only found one and it seems to be mostly an inbox for technical issues). My question is: Will there be an option to share our MAT scores with universities that don't ask for it. If there is the option, what's the procedure. There are 2 cases for this.

Case 1) Cambridge where interview offers come out before MAT scores. Will there be an avenue to submit our MAT scores to the admissions tutors in consideration for interview shortlisting. I'm quite desperate and worried that my grades won't be enough for shortlisting lmao.

Case 2) Other unis where offers come out after MAT scores. I'm not even sure how to submit the scores, do I just email them and say; "here's my scores" and attach, what I assume to be given by then, a score report?

I would be very grateful for any answers. It seems TCS isn't giving any.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/sites/files/oxford/field/field_document/Oxford%20admissions%20tests%20-%20candidate%20preparation%20checklist.pdf

1) MAT results get sent to Imperial directly only (unless you've also applied to Oxford or Warwick). TCS won't send your results to any other unviersities themselves - that would be a data protection nightmare for them.
2) You'll get your results in January after Oxford decisions are published. It might be possible to send the results information on to other universities directly. You'll need to see what format your results are sent in.

TCS isn't a recognised awarding body that takes part in UCAS Awarding Body Linkage (where results are sent to UCAS by the exam boards, matched to applications and sent on to universities). You'd need to check with each university if they're interested in your MAT results and if so how you should submit them.
Reply 2
Thanks for the answer. Guess I have to do my absolute best on TMUA then.
Welp I’m not even sure if Math tutors put TMUA into consideration. My STEP 2 scores that I took before aren’t so good, so maybe no interview for me T-T.

Quick Reply

Latest