The Student Room Group

Mat 2023

How did everyone find the MAT paper?

Scroll to see replies

so so bad!
I've heard the entire Oxford Admissions server crashed this morning hardly anyone could get on.
Reply 3
Original post by vintagecarrie
I've heard the entire Oxford Admissions server crashed this morning hardly anyone could get on.

Yeah it crashed for me, completely threw me off
Original post by _tjola7

Really?? I thought the test was quite easy. Did u just not revise enough?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2

I didn't find it overly difficult
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Just because you found it easy doesn't mean other people should have 😐. Doesn't take a lot of common sense to work that out and performance isn't always just down to revision
Flopped differently....same as my friends but some of the ppl from my year said it was an easy 80+ :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by _tjola7

Not bad but not great, technical difficulties meant I started late whilst everyone else was doing the test that really put me off.
I feel like with a couple of the questions you either saw it or you didn’t. I didn’t.
Reply 10
Original post by _tjola7

I found it alright, but not that great. Anyone know how to do the last part of that x+1/x question? It was a polynomial degree 7 I just couldn't get it, probably easy I just didn't know. Also I couldn't get last parts of Q5, the (0,1,0,1) question. Multiple choice could have been worse, but definitely got some wrong.
Reply 11
Original post by AnotherStudent!
I feel like with a couple of the questions you either saw it or you didn’t. I didn’t.

😂😂😂 Definitely though
Original post by AnotherStudent!

same lol
I want to check multiple choices I wrote them down. Is there anyone that's confident that I can check with?
Original post by user382746
I want to check multiple choices I wrote them down. Is there anyone that's confident that I can check with?

What did you get for the square and radii Mc q? And the integration q? And the square number q? I think those r the ones I may have got wrong
Did anyone else get 4 to the power of 8 for the last part of q3? For the max value of the cos function
What did you get for the square and radii Mc q? And the integration q? And the square number q? I think those r the ones I may have got wrong

for radii i got 2-sqrt(2) for the integration i got 3 and the for the square number I think it ended with 25 I don't remember the rest of the number
Reply 17
I got D for the radii q idk what exact number but probs got it wrong I couldn’t rationalise the denomantor correctly. I got the square ending in 225 too. And for integration I got 4 which is also a guess
Reply 18

2-sqrt(2)
Reply 19
horrible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending