The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can I do the MAT but apply during November-December?

Hello,

I'm currently a Year 13 student, set to begin in September. I have a bit of a situation and I'm hoping some of you might be able to offer some guidance.

My predicted grades are an A* in Further Maths and Economics, and an A in Maths (don't ask me how I got an A* in fm and not in maths...). I have the chance to make a difference in my upcoming mocks scheduled for around late November/early December. If I manage to achieve an A* in regular Maths during these mocks, there's a good chance my predicted grade could be bumped up to an A*.

Here's the catch: one of the universities I'm applying to is Imperial College London, and they strongly recommend students interested in pursuing mathematics at degree level to take the MAT (Mathematics Admission Test). The MAT exam date falls on the 19th of October.

My query is: is it possible for me to take the MAT on the 19th of October and then apply to university immediately after I have done my mocks in late November or early December?

Any insights or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!
Yes I'm not sure. I'm in same situation as you
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I'm currently a Year 13 student, set to begin in September. I have a bit of a situation and I'm hoping some of you might be able to offer some guidance.

My predicted grades are an A* in Further Maths and Economics, and an A in Maths (don't ask me how I got an A* in fm and not in maths...). I have the chance to make a difference in my upcoming mocks scheduled for around late November/early December. If I manage to achieve an A* in regular Maths during these mocks, there's a good chance my predicted grade could be bumped up to an A*.

Here's the catch: one of the universities I'm applying to is Imperial College London, and they strongly recommend students interested in pursuing mathematics at degree level to take the MAT (Mathematics Admission Test). The MAT exam date falls on the 19th of October.

My query is: is it possible for me to take the MAT on the 19th of October and then apply to university immediately after I have done my mocks in late November or early December?

Any insights or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

I would rethink Imperial ... not a place to study Maths and poor student experience.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending