The Student Room Group

International relations degree

I'm thinking about doing a degree in international relations (currently in sixth form) as I want to go into this area in the future

Just wondering if anyone who's done this is willing to share their experience/how they found it/where they go?
Reply 1
Original post by gray12
I'm thinking about doing a degree in international relations (currently in sixth form) as I want to go into this area in the future

Just wondering if anyone who's done this is willing to share their experience/how they found it/where they go?

Hi
I study International Relations with Politics at LSBU and I recommend only studying it if you are extremely interested in current affairs. When I first went into the course I made the mistake of thinking it was all about politics but there is a lot of theories involved as well. There is a lot of readings and if you enjoy reading and are good at writing essays then this is the course for you. There are no exams, mostly long essays so I would recommend it only if you do humanities A - levels and have the skills to write a good essay. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply 2
Original post by Talia23567
Hi
I study International Relations with Politics at LSBU and I recommend only studying it if you are extremely interested in current affairs. When I first went into the course I made the mistake of thinking it was all about politics but there is a lot of theories involved as well. There is a lot of readings and if you enjoy reading and are good at writing essays then this is the course for you. There are no exams, mostly long essays so I would recommend it only if you do humanities A - levels and have the skills to write a good essay. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the info!
I do all essay based A-levels so that's really good to know, do you mind sharing what a-levels you did?
Reply 3
I did Politics, History and Geography

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending