The Student Room Group

Applying for Global Health Card, what can I use?

I’m 16, and going on a college trip to Rome in a few months. I need a GHIC for it, but I only have one accepted documentation.

I have a bank statement, but my HMRC letter was rejected, and they want me to submit something else with my dob, current address and name on.

My birth certificate has my old address, I have no driving license, my passport does not have my address on it- is there anything I could possibly upload? NHS wants me to upload bills I’ve payed as evidence, but obviously I’m 16 and have none!!
Reply 1
National Insurance number letter? Any letters for hospital appointments, gp appointments, etc?
Reply 2
Original post by zeasea
National Insurance number letter? Any letters for hospital appointments, gp appointments, etc?

I don’t have any gp/ hospital appointments within the time I’ve been at my new home, and sent my National Insurance Number Letter but it was rejected because it didn’t say the date the letter was distributed, and the list specifically said it had to be within the past three months.
Reply 3
Original post by MagicKats

I don’t have any gp/ hospital appointments within the time I’ve been at my new home, and sent my National Insurance Number Letter but it was rejected because it didn’t say the date the letter was distributed, and the list specifically said it had to be within the past three months.

Have you had any letters sent home from school (could you have them send one?) about the trip or anything else? You're definitely in a sticky situation here. If you have time before any deadlines your college imposed for this, your best bet might be to just apply for a provisional license and use that when it arrives. Even if you don't intend to learn to drive it's very useful to have one for these kinds of situations and as a form of ID.
Reply 4
Original post by zeasea
Have you had any letters sent home from school (could you have them send one?) about the trip or anything else? You're definitely in a sticky situation here. If you have time before any deadlines your college imposed for this, your best bet might be to just apply for a provisional license and use that when it arrives. Even if you don't intend to learn to drive it's very useful to have one for these kinds of situations and as a form of ID.

The only physical letter I have from school is my college enrolment letter, but I’m not sure if it would count as official.

We’ve sent a message saying that I’m 16 and asking what we can do but no response so far. If it’s a last resort we’ll try to ask for a driving license and pray it comes within three weeks.
Reply 5

The only physical letter I have from school is my college enrolment letter, but I’m not sure if it would count as official.

We’ve sent a message saying that I’m 16 and asking what we can do but no response so far. If it’s a last resort we’ll try to ask for a driving license and pray it comes within three weeks.

I would definitely consider a college enrolment letter official. If it has the required details there's no harm in sending it and seeing if it'll be accepted. If you're going to apply for a driving license, do that now/soon as they can take a little bit to arrive. If you have a British passport you can do it online I believe.
Reply 6
Original post by zeasea
I would definitely consider a college enrolment letter official. If it has the required details there's no harm in sending it and seeing if it'll be accepted. If you're going to apply for a driving license, do that now/soon as they can take a little bit to arrive. If you have a British passport you can do it online I believe.

Thank you so much, I’ll wait for an email back and if they still reject the letter I’ll apply for a driving license.
Reply 7
Thank you so much, I’ll wait for an email back and if they still reject the letter I’ll apply for a driving license.

Honestly you should probably apply for a license at some point anyways as it's just so useful to have (mine's paid for itself several times in exactly these kinds of situations) even if you don't use it to drive. Glad I could sort of help, and hopefully they accept the college enrolment.
Reply 8
Original post by zeasea
Honestly you should probably apply for a license at some point anyways as it's just so useful to have (mine's paid for itself several times in exactly these kinds of situations) even if you don't use it to drive. Glad I could sort of help, and hopefully they accept the college enrolment.

They sent me an email back saying since I was under 18 I could send my birth certificate and two documents from my parents, thankfully after countless attempts they FINALLY accepted it 😭😅
Reply 9

They sent me an email back saying since I was under 18 I could send my birth certificate and two documents from my parents, thankfully after countless attempts they FINALLY accepted it 😭😅

Yay! Good job. But seriously, get a license for next time 🤣😭
Reply 10
Original post by zeasea
Yay! Good job. But seriously, get a license for next time 🤣😭

Duly noted 😅
Reply 11
Duly noted 😅

Also enjoy your trip!

Quick Reply

Latest