The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

UCAS Extra at Kings

Hi everyone, I have received all rejections from my top choices for law and have decided to look at UCAS extra for Kings and have found 2 course I am interested and have a few questions.

Does anyone have any experience with Kings on UCAS extra? Are you allowed to apply again for a different course in the same admissions cycle as I know UCL don’t allow this. I did call up about this and they said I could but just want to double check.

The two courses I am interested in are BA Global health and social science and BA geography. I know these are very different to Law but after doing some research on these two courses it is something I am interested in. I ask which would you pick out of the two because I can only apply for one and would like some advice.

Also, do you need to submit another personal statement or will they just use your old one. What are the chances here as well of getting an offer for this. For both course it is AAB and I am predicted A* A* A (A* EPQ).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
ill probably say global health and social science bc ive always thought of kings as a social science uni
might be easier to get in as well??
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi! :biggrin: If admissions says that reapplying is allowed, then its likely fine, but I would get that in writing via a message or email if I were you :wink: As for the courses, it really comes down to what you are interested in. Have you looked at what kind of jobs both courses lead to? Regarding the PS, as far as I remember it depends on the course/uni. Ring admissions up and ask them if they require PS’s for either course.

Best of luck, I’m rooting for you! With any luck, you’ll get into KCL after all :smile:
Reply 3
I’m really quite worried with my personal statement with how different it is to global health, even if they said I could send another personal statement I wouldn’t even have the time or know what to write. Think I might just risk it, nothing really to lose.

Quick Reply

Latest