The Student Room Group

Seeking Help with Entryway 2-Story Foyer Lighting Dilemma

Hello fellow homeowners and lighting enthusiasts,

I hope this post finds you all in good spirits. I find myself facing a bit of a lighting conundrum and thought this community might be the best place to seek some guidance. The issue at hand is related to the entryway 2 story foyer lighting and it's proving to be quite a challenge.

Here's the situation: I recently moved into a beautiful two-story home with a grand entryway. To make the space truly impressive, I decided to invest in a stunning chandelier to hang in the foyer. I had visions of it being a focal point and creating a warm, inviting ambiance.
The problem is, now that the chandelier is installed, I'm finding it difficult to get the lighting just right. Here are the specifics:

Too Bright at Eye Level: The chandelier I selected is quite large and has multiple bulbs. When you're standing on the ground floor, it's almost blinding, and it feels like you're staring into the sun. Not quite the welcoming atmosphere I had in mind.

Too Dim on the Upper Balcony: On the second floor, where we have a balcony overlooking the entryway, the chandelier's light doesn't seem to reach effectively. It's noticeably dim, and it doesn't provide the even glow I was hoping for.

Bulb Type and Color Temperature: I'm also not entirely sure if the bulbs I chose (LED, in this case) are the right ones or if the color temperature is contributing to the issue.

I'm reaching out to you all for any advice or insights you may have. Here are some specific questions:

Dimmer Recommendations: Has anyone had success with installing a dimmer switch for a 2-story entryway chandelier? Is this a good solution to regulate the light intensity on the ground level?

Balancing Light: What strategies can I employ to ensure the upper balcony area receives adequate lighting without creating a glaring effect on the lower floor?

Bulb and Color Temperature Suggestions: Should I consider changing the bulbs to something softer, or perhaps go for a different type of chandelier altogether?

If you've encountered a similar issue or if you're a lighting expert, your expertise would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to making the entryway of my home warm and inviting, and your advice can make all the difference.

Thank you in advance for your help, and I can't wait to read your suggestions and experiences.

Best regards,

Victoria John

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending