The Student Room Group

Student Finance changed my Loan in the middle of the First term

I don't know if this is normal but I still am angry at it. My maintenance Loan just went down £1000 and a little more in the middle of my first term, I already had accommodation that was too expensive that my entire family was able to help pay until I got a job. Now I find out that I am gonna be going to uni in london with not even enough money to cover a third of the damn rent.

Is it Legal for the Loan to change like this?
Reply 1
Original post by Jenny0203
I don't know if this is normal but I still am angry at it. My maintenance Loan just went down £1000 and a little more in the middle of my first term, I already had accommodation that was too expensive that my entire family was able to help pay until I got a job. Now I find out that I am gonna be going to uni in london with not even enough money to cover a third of the damn rent.

If i recall, the SFE switchboard does have any option for the amount you want - so call the SFE number and explain to them about this situation. Also email your email (the student fee/finance department) and they will let SFE know too. Sorry to hear that
Original post by Jenny0203

Hi Jenny,

The finance can change at any time throughout the year, based on the details we receive. If you contact us using the live chat option online in your account, we can check why it's changed.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending