The Student Room Group

Funding for a part time doctorate

Hello, me again!

I am starting my EdD in October and the course is 4-8 years. I aim to have it completed in the four years. However, if I apply for the full allocation of student loan, I am curious as to how much student finance I will get each semester as it will be difficult for SFE to know if I will take the four or full 8 years to complete.
The first two years are taught and fixed so will that have any bearing on the amount each semester?

Thanks,
Sam
Original post by SamJayBe
Hello, me again!

I am starting my EdD in October and the course is 4-8 years. I aim to have it completed in the four years. However, if I apply for the full allocation of student loan, I am curious as to how much student finance I will get each semester as it will be difficult for SFE to know if I will take the four or full 8 years to complete.
The first two years are taught and fixed so will that have any bearing on the amount each semester?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Can you confirm the full name of the course and what university you will attend? Will this be a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan you are applying for?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Hello
It’s the professional doctorate in education (EdD) at Keele. Yes will be a postgraduate doctoral loan.

Many thanks
Sam
Hi Sam,

When applying you will need to to us how many years you think it will take you to study the course. If this was to change you or the university can tell us at a later date. The amount you would be eligible for just now is £28,673 but this is for the current academic year and could change in the next academic year. There is a cap per year which is £12,167 and it would be paid in 3 payments. Term 1 and 2 would be 33% each and the final term would be 34% of the £12,167.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Sam,

When applying you will need to to us how many years you think it will take you to study the course. If this was to change you or the university can tell us at a later date. The amount you would be eligible for just now is £28,673 but this is for the current academic year and could change in the next academic year. There is a cap per year which is £12,167 and it would be paid in 3 payments. Term 1 and 2 would be 33% each and the final term would be 34% of the £12,167.

Thanks, Drew

Thanks so much Drew. Much appreciated 😬
Original post by SamJayBe
Thanks so much Drew. Much appreciated 😬

Hi Sam,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending