The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

School choice

Please for film making which university is better between Bournemouth university, Sheffield Hallam university, university of Lincoln, university of Portsmouth?
Thank you in advance
Hi,

While I can't speak for other universities, I can let you know what it is we offer 🙂

We have a course you may be interested in, called 'Film and TV production' https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/digital-media/ba-honours-film-and-tv-production/full-time.

This course prepares you for a career in

film and television production e.g. director, producer, location manager, TV researcher, cinematographer, sound recordist / designer, editor

and associated roles

the creative industries

marketing and communications

academia or further studies

You will work on real projects, making documentaries, training films and online content for local and national companies. Recently our students have produced work for the Screen Yorkshire, DocFest’s Exchange Programme, Aesthetica film festival, NHS, Sheffield City Council and with Sheffield’s diverse communities.

In your final year, you’ll make a graduation piece, crewing up with your peers and exhibiting your work in a public space, normally The Showroom Cinema. You will engage with industry practices including distribution and exhibition.

We aim to take students on trips to film festivals which in the past have included London Short Film Festival, Aesthetica, Berlin and Glasgow.

On this course you work with

industry-standard cameras and sound equipment

professional studios, one which is equipped with green screen technology

Avid Media Composer

4K as well as 35mm projectors and a Dolby 5.1 surround sound system

Here is a video where you can learn more about the department - Media, Arts and Communications Facilities Tour

It is important to find the right university and the right course for you. The best way to do this is to attend the open days, where you can get a real feel for the university and the course.

I hope you find this useful ❤️

Rosie (Sheffield Hallam Rep)
(edited 4 months ago)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending