The Student Room Group

It gets robot check

Whenever I get on TSR, I have to check whether I'm robot or not. It irritates me a little bit. Is there a way of not doing this to get here?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hardest Job
Whenever I get on TSR, I have to check whether I'm robot or not. It irritates me a little bit. Is there a way of not doing this to get here?

This still happening for you?
There was an issue with this last week but I think it was resolved within the day?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
This still happening for you?
There was an issue with this last week but I think it was resolved within the day?

Yea.
This happened to anyone?
It's not resolved.
Yea.
This happened to anyone?
It's not resolved.

Yes it did happen to me and a few others last week, but it had stopped after a day. If this still happening for you then something needs fixing :beard:

@RainbowLapras
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Yes it did happen to me and a few others last week, but it had stopped after a day. If this still happening for you then something needs fixing :beard:

@RainbowLapras

RainbowLapras. Please.
Do we have stupid recaptcha from google spyware now?
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by TheStupidMoon
Do we have stupid recaptcha from google spyware now?

A few people experienced this issue one afternoon. I believed it to be resolved. To my knowledge it only appears if you make an article.
Reply 7
Original post by 04MR17
A few people experienced this issue one afternoon. I believed it to be resolved. To my knowledge it only appears if you make an article.

I'm well. TSR has made a big change.

Apologies for the delayed reply on this one, I must have missed the notification! Are you still having this issue? :holmes:
Reply 9
Original post by RainbowLapras
Apologies for the delayed reply on this one, I must have missed the notification! Are you still having this issue? :holmes:

It doesn't seem to have robot check today. I'll keep an eye.
Might be worth checking if you use a VPN or something, presumably this is coming from Cloudflare's side - it tends to check IPs it knows are used with VPNs or large shared networks where some people may have misused the connection before.
Me right now because of change in location
Reply 12
Original post by Charles III
Might be worth checking if you use a VPN or something, presumably this is coming from Cloudflare's side - it tends to check IPs it knows are used with VPNs or large shared networks where some people may have misused the connection before.

What's VPN stand for?
Original post by Talkative Toad
Me right now because of change in location

No longer happening for me, because I’m in the standard location.

I hope that this doesn’t become the norm assuming that I choose to stick around on this website beyond January.
Reply 14
No longer happening for me, because I’m in the standard location.

I hope that this doesn’t become the norm assuming that I choose to stick around on this website beyond January.

What's norm mean? You meant from January?
What's norm mean? You meant from January?

Norm as in normal, I hope that this kind of thing (robot/cloudfare check) doesn’t become standard behaviour whenever I’m not in the UK. Assuming that I haven’t chosen to leave (haven’t left) TSR by January.
Reply 16
Norm as in normal, I hope that this kind of thing (robot/cloudfare check) doesn’t become standard behaviour whenever I’m not in the UK. Assuming that I haven’t chosen to leave (haven’t left) TSR by January.

What's happen by then?
What's happen by then?

I’m not sure what this question means in this context, I have explained the stuff in my post.
Reply 18
I’m not sure what this question means in this context, I have explained the stuff in my post.

I speculate you're in UK. I don't go back and forth in country.
What's VPN stand for?

Virtual Private Network. Things like NordVPN, Surfshark, etc. - if you're unsure of the name, you might not use one, so apologies for the confusion. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending