The Student Room Group

Are there any robotics engineering apprenticeships available in the UK?

Hi! I just finished year 12 last week and will be going into year 13 this September. I know I want to do some type of engineering and recently found out about robotics engineering. I read up about it on the internet and it really seems like a good choice for me since I like designing as well as computing.
I have also found out that degree apprenticeships would be a better choice for engineering through asking around.
However, I can't seem to find many degree apprenticeships for robotics engineering on the internet as well as existing jobs. Is robotics engineering really a good career choice? Do any of you know any websites or even better, companies which show/offer robotics engineering apprenticeships?
Reply 2
Original post by AsgardianDemigod
Hi! I just finished year 12 last week and will be going into year 13 this September. I know I want to do some type of engineering and recently found out about robotics engineering. I read up about it on the internet and it really seems like a good choice for me since I like designing as well as computing.
I have also found out that degree apprenticeships would be a better choice for engineering through asking around.
However, I can't seem to find many degree apprenticeships for robotics engineering on the internet as well as existing jobs. Is robotics engineering really a good career choice? Do any of you know any websites or even better, companies which show/offer robotics engineering apprenticeships?

I've been looking for something similar but i don't think it's fully available yet as it says it's been "Approved for delivery" only this year (2023), it might start next year though.
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/robotics-engineer-v1-0?view=standard#K4
https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/697

If you look on the right hand side of the first link there are some employers that help create the standard so maybe in september-october time it might be worth researching and trying to find if any of these companies are offering a robotics engineer degree appenticeship to start in 2024:
Rockwell Automation, Fanuc UK, ABB Ltd, The Manufacturing Centre, SMC, Airbus UK, Leidos Automation Ltd, Didactic (Festo), Hays, Extend Robotics, Ocado, ARRIVAL Ltd, RAR UK, VW Group UK
Original post by Zxsr5667
I've been looking for something similar but i don't think it's fully available yet as it says it's been "Approved for delivery" only this year (2023), it might start next year though.
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/robotics-engineer-v1-0?view=standard#K4
https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/697

If you look on the right hand side of the first link there are some employers that help create the standard so maybe in september-october time it might be worth researching and trying to find if any of these companies are offering a robotics engineer degree appenticeship to start in 2024:
Rockwell Automation, Fanuc UK, ABB Ltd, The Manufacturing Centre, SMC, Airbus UK, Leidos Automation Ltd, Didactic (Festo), Hays, Extend Robotics, Ocado, ARRIVAL Ltd, RAR UK, VW Group UK

Thanks a lot! I've figured our that robotics is pretty similar to mechatronics (also what I'm interested in) and there are much more apprenticeships when you search for mechatronics ones :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks a lot! I've figured our that robotics is pretty similar to mechatronics (also what I'm interested in) and there are much more apprenticeships when you search for mechatronics ones :smile:

You may find additional opportunities by familiarising yourself with engineering employers that are involved with robotics.

I’m a project manager and cover robotic assisted surgery research and development (was an engineer). If we posted an apprenticeship, the role title would probably be apprentice mechanical/software/electrical engineer. It wouldn’t be obvious the role involved robotics unless you knew what the company did.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Chris2892
You may find additional opportunities by familiarising yourself with engineering employers that are involved with robotics.

I’m a project manager and cover robotic assisted surgery research and development (was an engineer). If we posted an apprenticeship, the role title would probably be apprentice mechanical/software/electrical engineer. It wouldn’t be obvious the role involved robotics unless you knew what the company did.

Yeah, it makes sense that a job profile isn't going to as specific as a university course, thanks :smile:
Reply 7

Robotics apprenticeships definitely do exist. FANUC is one company that comes to mind. I'd check out the government website for apprenticeships, they have most of the legitimate current vacancies on there.
Original post by Mara1680
Robotics apprenticeships definitely do exist. FANUC is one company that comes to mind. I'd check out the government website for apprenticeships, they have most of the legitimate current vacancies on there.

Thanks, will definitely check out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending