The Student Room Group

It gets robot check

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Charles III
Virtual Private Network. Things like NordVPN, Surfshark, etc. - if you're unsure of the name, you might not use one, so apologies for the confusion. :smile:

I use Edge to be honest. I speculate there's loads of network.
Original post by Hardest Job
I use Edge to be honest. I speculate there's loads of network.

I understand. It sounds to me like your network (i.e. your Internet connection) might be shared with multiple people, or something similar, or you may have been given an IP address by your ISP (internet service provider) which has been previously used by someone doing something bad. This is usually why sites like TSR might ask you to confirm you're a human - they use some technology called Cloudflare to filter potentially harmful visitors away from the site, so that people have a harder time trying to take it down.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, of course not - it sounds like you are just having some bad luck.
I speculate you're in UK. I don't go back and forth in country.

I do, which is why I don’t want to deal with this issue (I haven’t had to deal with it until this December) unless I choose to quit this January/soon which in that case, I’ll probably no longer care about the issue.

I don’t use a VPN as far as I’m aware in case anyone is wondering.
Reply 23
I understand. It sounds to me like your network (i.e. your Internet connection) might be shared with multiple people, or something similar, or you may have been given an IP address by your ISP (internet service provider) which has been previously used by someone doing something bad. This is usually why sites like TSR might ask you to confirm you're a human - they use some technology called Cloudflare to filter potentially harmful visitors away from the site, so that people have a harder time trying to take it down.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, of course not - it sounds like you are just having some bad luck.

Thanks very much. I have knowledge of network.
Reply 24
Original post by Talkative Toad
I do, which is why I don’t want to deal with this issue (I haven’t had to deal with it until this December) unless I choose to quit this January/soon which in that case, I’ll probably no longer care about the issue.

I don’t use a VPN as far as I’m aware in case anyone is wondering.

got it. I use Cloudflare through Edge.
got it. I use Cloudflare through Edge.

I use Brave mobile and Edge desktop but only seem to have the issue on Brave mobile.
Reply 26
Original post by Talkative Toad
I use Brave mobile and Edge desktop but only seem to have the issue on Brave mobile.

I heard of Brave mobile.
I heard of Brave mobile.

It’s good because of the features it has
Reply 28

Hey mate. I'm always on Cloudflare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending