The Student Room Group

psychology a level aqa

what are the best revision books to get for psychology
Reply 1
Original post by trite-perfidy

I would say the illuminate book but tbh all the books are overly worded so use a website called psych205 - this was a life saver!
Reply 2
I've just begun psychology a level and i am already struggling on writing a cognitive approach (outline and evaluate...) essay 16 marks. any tips?
Reply 3
I've just begun psychology a level and i am already struggling on writing a cognitive approach (outline and evaluate...) essay 16 marks. any tips?

Wow starting with approach damn!
My best advice is to look at a ready made 1 and try to expand of theirs and use the textbook with green hair girls to add extra info to the essay and AO1 just copy and paste ur class notes!

Hope that make sense

Hi @trite-perfidy,

I only just saw this thread so apologies for a late reply!

How are you finding a-level Psychology?

I am a final year undergraduate Psychology student and studied aqa A level Psych. I found the textbook to be helpful but I found Seneca (https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/db5cd155-3f4b-40cb-a9f9-8c314f118345/section/6603b73e-8eb6-4625-963a-0bc912323852/session) really helpful. I lived by this website to help me understand concepts at a level I could understand and used other sources like the illuminate textbook to build on that.

I would ask your teachers for extra sources you can turn to (online resources are more easily available and you can see what works for you) but I would be cautious of using ones you find yourself in that they may not cover the right things you need for the course so its always best to either check the resources with your specification or your teacher.

I hope this helps and happy holidays. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending