The Student Room Group

A level advice

If you’ve done 3 of these a levels and examboard would like advice but even if one lmk Like I’m thinking of picking 2 a level subjects out of aqa economics aqa psychology aqa sociology and edexcel politics btw I want the one that is not that hard and yeah give me thoughts on them???
All A-Levels can be difficult, but it depends on your strengths. I took AQA Psychology and Sociology, which I really enjoy and don't find too difficult. However, both are very content-heavy and involve lots of writing, especially sociology which is mostly essay-based. If you don't mind lots of writing and have a genuine interest in these subjects, then they shouldn't be too hard, but A-Levels in general require a lot of time and hard work, so if you are looking for something less academically intense, then I would consider vocation courses like BTECs and T-Levels (which are great if you want a single subject). It would be good to speak to your school's career advisor (if you have one), teachers of subjects that you enjoy and are good at, and to different subjects lecturers at a college/sixth form open evening if you can. All of these people should be able to give you specific, personal advice to help you make the best choice. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by mayisnotokay
All A-Levels can be difficult, but it depends on your strengths. I took AQA Psychology and Sociology, which I really enjoy and don't find too difficult. However, both are very content-heavy and involve lots of writing, especially sociology which is mostly essay-based. If you don't mind lots of writing and have a genuine interest in these subjects, then they shouldn't be too hard, but A-Levels in general require a lot of time and hard work, so if you are looking for something less academically intense, then I would consider vocation courses like BTECs and T-Levels (which are great if you want a single subject). It would be good to speak to your school's career advisor (if you have one), teachers of subjects that you enjoy and are good at, and to different subjects lecturers at a college/sixth form open evening if you can. All of these people should be able to give you specific, personal advice to help you make the best choice. Good luck!

Which did you find easier to revise understand and do well bc apparently sociology is hard to do well and revise

Quick Reply

Latest