The Student Room Group

Switching to computer science

I'm a first year social sciences student studying at the university of Glasgow. I'm taking an entry level computer science class (mainly studying python) and I'm really enjoying it and doing well, better than in my main social science classes. I'm considering switching degree to comp sci but throughout most of high school I really struggled with maths, to a level that I'm concerned that it may be too much of a barrier. Would appreciate any advice on weather or not making the switch would be a good idea.
Original post by bobbymccgruffer
I'm a first year social sciences student studying at the university of Glasgow. I'm taking an entry level computer science class (mainly studying python) and I'm really enjoying it and doing well, better than in my main social science classes. I'm considering switching degree to comp sci but throughout most of high school I really struggled with maths, to a level that I'm concerned that it may be too much of a barrier. Would appreciate any advice on weather or not making the switch would be a good idea.

If you're enjoying and excelling in your entry-level computer science class despite previous math struggles, it's a positive sign. Consider talking to computer science professors, exploring available resources for math support, and taking introductory computer science electives. Make an informed decision based on your passion and willingness to work on improving your math skills.

Best of Luck!
Fatima
Student Ambassador- London South Bank University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending