The Student Room Group

Uni not shown on Credit for Prior Learning directory for ACA

I have just finished my Accounting and Finance Degree but I can't find my Uni under the Credit for Prior Learning directory for ACA. Can anyone provide any assistance?Thanks in advance.
Not without knowing the name of the uni, and where in the world it is located, no.

I assume it's not a mainstream uni we'd all have heard of, but is something a bit more "exotic"?
Reply 2
Its anglia Ruskin University my course leader hasn't been helpful and just said you'll get some exemptions for ACA but the course itself was very ACCA focused. I just want to know what modules I'll be exempt from with ACA I have my MDFs from year 1 to 3. (Original post by DataVenia)Not without knowing the name of the uni, and where in the world it is located, no.

I assume it's not a mainstream uni we'd all have heard of, but is something a bit more "exotic"?
Original post by Sam.T.J.R
Its anglia Ruskin University my course leader hasn't been helpful and just said you'll get some exemptions for ACA but the course itself was very ACCA focused. I just want to know what modules I'll be exempt from with ACA I have my MDFs from year 1 to 3.

It appears (from the CPL Direrctory page at https://apps.icaew.com/cpldirectory) that there is no credit for prior learning for degrees obtained from Anglia Ruskin University. I thought as first that I might be failing to find it due to a typo in it's name in the directory, or something. However, if you choose UNITED KINGDOM from the Browse by Country list on that page, you get a nice list of all the academic institutions and degrees where credit for prior learning applies. Anglia Ruskin is nowhere to be seen.

This seems odd given that the on-line prospectus for Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons), here, confirms that "In Cambridge and Chelmsford, our Accounting and Finance degree is accredited by both ACCA and CIMA".

On the CPL Directory page it does say that, "Programme changes due to the COVID 19 pandemic may result in some university assessments not being eligible for CPL. Please check with your Institution before applying."

I've therefore taken that advice and dropped Anglia Ruskin a quick e-mail to see if that applies. If they reply (which they may not) then I'll report back. If you have any contacts with the university you could ask, then I suggest you do so.
Its anglia Ruskin University my course leader hasn't been helpful and just said you'll get some exemptions for ACA but the course itself was very ACCA focused. I just want to know what modules I'll be exempt from with ACA I have my MDFs from year 1 to 3.

I have a bit more information for you.

You can use the ACCA Exemptions Calculator here to establish your exemptions. You simply need to search for (and then select) Anglia Ruskin, enter your graduation year, and then select your course.

It says that BA (Hons) / BSC (Hons) Accounting & Finance graduates from Anglia Ruskin in 2022 are entitled to the following ACCA qualification exemptions:

Business and Technology (BT)
Management Accounting (MA)
Financial Accounting (FA)
Corporate and Business Law (LW)

It goes on to say that, "With completion of certain subjects you are entitled to the following ACCA qualification exemptions", and then lists a load more.

Also, note that you are exempt from sitting some CIMA exams (if that's the qualification route you wanted to take). Full details here. (That link came from the university itself, which replied to my e-mail about ACCA by providing details about CIMA exemptions, oddly.)
Reply 5
Thanks for the help but the job I have isn’t looking at ACCA but rather ACA and I was trying to find out the exemptions for ACA my course leader wasn’t very supportive.
Thanks for the help but the job I have isn’t looking at ACCA but rather ACA and I was trying to find out the exemptions for ACA my course leader wasn’t very supportive.

Understood. From what I've been able to establish (and what I wrote yesterday morning at post #4), "It appears (from the CPL Direrctory page at https://apps.icaew.com/cpldirectory) that there is no credit for prior learning for degrees obtained from Anglia Ruskin University."
my uni had to have a discussion with ACA regarding exemptions and credits because of COVID and online exams. We ended up taking in person exams because the school wanted to maintain the accreditation for that exam. you need to email your accounting and finance school department to understand where they are with their status

Hi Sam,
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I've raised it internally and will hopefully have some information for you. Can you message me privately with your name, the year you graduated and your email address and I'll get you an answer asap.

Best wishes,
Megan
Reply 9
Thank you for your help I’ve just sent a private message.
Reply 10
Hi, I had a similar query. Has anyone done an MSc in Business Management and applied for exemptions without their university being listed on the CPL directory? I'm finishing my master's from the University of Manchester and CPL only has undergraduate courses listed. The non-directory route seems very lengthy, and I doubt my university will be willing to give me copies of the final exams for this. Wondering if anyone has had any luck by getting their university and course to appear on the CPL shortly after spotting that it was missing?
Hi! Did anyone manage to claim exemptions?
My uni is on the ICAEW directory but not my course
I’m struggling to get copies of final exam
Did anyone manage this?

Please help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending