The Student Room Group

University choices

I want to do Classical Studies at university, I'm trying to decide between applying to the University of Bristol, and the University of Leeds. Both are really good universities, Bristol is higher up on the QS list and people have said it's a really nice environment there but I've heard it's not the best university for classics. Does anyone have any advice on which one is better for my subject?
Original post by scarlett6982
I want to do Classical Studies at university, I'm trying to decide between applying to the University of Bristol, and the University of Leeds. Both are really good universities, Bristol is higher up on the QS list and people have said it's a really nice environment there but I've heard it's not the best university for classics. Does anyone have any advice on which one is better for my subject?

Apply to both then decide.
Reply 2

Classics / Classical Studies are niche subjects and are not going to be 'big' at any Uni.

Both Bristol and Leeds are sensible Unis with big Humanities depts. Read the course descriptions, and look at the options for all years of the course - do these actually interest you? This matters far more than what some dodgy league table has thought up. And btw, Leeds is a far cheaper place to live than Bristol.

i’ve firmed for classical civ and english at leeds! i can’t talk about bristol as i didn’t apply there but i love the range of modules at leeds, as well as the flexibility of the course. but that may be the same at bristol im not sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending