The Student Room Group

Covid 19 seasonal vaccine

For those that t are eligible are people bothering? Would you take it.
i can't be bothered and scared if being ill from it but same time I'd feel worse if i got covid. I'm always falling ill and i think because we go away I'm inclined to have it despite not wanting to. I'll have the flu shot but not at same time. I feel like I've got so many appts to book and not the time. Are people bothering or should i just leave it and not have covid. Mum eligible she said she isn't.
Had it a month ago.

The last boosters I felt bad for a day or two, this one I hardly even had a sore arm.

There’s walk in centres for this and flu jabs if you’re struggling to book something. If you’re prone to getting ill (or just hate feeling ill) its definitely worthwhile - plus you’re less likely to pass on flu or covid to people who could get really unwell.
Original post by Anonymous #1
i can't be bothered and scared if being ill from it but same time I'd feel worse if i got covid. I'm always falling ill and i think because we go away I'm inclined to have it despite not wanting to. I'll have the flu shot but not at same time. I feel like I've got so many appts to book and not the time. Are people bothering or should i just leave it and not have covid. Mum eligible she said she isn't.

Hi, yeah I am 27 and I have taken all 2 or 3 now, and I wear my mask on the buses still as I feel comfortable doing that, also in my family in 2020 so my mum had covid symptoms but I tested positive but no covid symptoms as I had a really bad cold at that time so I don't really want to ever get covid :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1

if you are eligible it is worth it to have the vaccine, I'm assuming your under 65 as most people on here are. In that case you'll only be eligible if you are clinically vulnerable, due to which it is a good idea to get the vaccine.
Reply 4
I am not bothering this year, largely because I recently had covid so I think my natural immunity has been boosted. I had a resurgence of long covid symptoms after my last vaccine for a couple of weeks (fatigue, mainly) but the fatigue I had after getting covid again was way worse...
Reply 5
Original post by lilygrace27
Hi, yeah I am 27 and I have taken all 2 or 3 now, and I wear my mask on the buses still as I feel comfortable doing that, also in my family in 2020 so my mum had covid symptoms but I tested positive but no covid symptoms as I had a really bad cold at that time so I don't really want to ever get covid :smile:

It's a wild guess, but perhaps that really bad cold was covid? 😛
Original post by black tea
It's a wild guess, but perhaps that really bad cold was covid? 😛

I don't think it was though as I had no covid symptoms lol
Reply 7
Original post by lilygrace27
I don't think it was though as I had no covid symptoms lol

the symptoms you thought were cold symptoms were probably covid symptoms

Quick Reply

Latest