The Student Room Group

Passing out during/after bathing.

I know that having reasonably hot baths can cause you to experience dizzyness and genuinely passing out in some cases but my bath was just about perfect temperature. I was a little dizzy that day so I decided I'd just have a relaxing bath rather then standing up in a shower in risk of losing my balance. (I have 2 deficiencys in which was a common cause for my slight dizzyness). Once I hopped out of the bath my body felt unreasonably heavy, like it was harder to move, walk and do anything whatsoever. I thought maybe that's just because of the water on my body so I just continued on, drying myself ect. It soon came to my attention that my breathing slowly got heavier and louder, and soon enough I could barely breathe. I was practically gasping for air whilst my head felt extremely heavy. I knew my body was warning me to sit down or take a break but my stupidity told me to just quickly get dressed and to go lay down. So I continued, ignoring this as they progressively got worse. I managed to get to my room where I finished getting dressed, though during that moment my eyes darkened and everything just went silent. My legs felt like I was sinking into the floor as my knees gave way, I managed to grab onto my bed as it was nearby and pull myself onto it. After that my ears were ringing and I had an incredibly big headache. I laid down for a while, seemingly my breathing not improving and my dizzyness still there, after a little while I pulled my weight to go downstairs where my family members were to be around people incase anything did happen, they immediately saw how pale I was and that I was practically on the verge of tears. They laid me down, gave me something to eat and drink and monitered me asking if I needed a hospital in which I didn't think was nesseccary since my symptoms were going, besides the headache. That lasted for an hour or two after. I'm not sure if this is all common symptoms of low blood pressure due to the bath but it wasn't unreasonably hot, I've always gotten slightly dizzy after showering and bathing but just figured that could've been from my deficiency. After this moment I also realised my dizzyness was worse and longer, and I'd often have headaches after bad episodes. I had a bloodtest recently due to how bad it was getting, I'm still waiting on results. I'm not sure if I should tell a doctor about this experience or if its something even worth getting checked out.
You should absolutely tell your doctor about this.
Original post by Anonymous
I know that having reasonably hot baths can cause you to experience dizzyness and genuinely passing out in some cases but my bath was just about perfect temperature. I was a little dizzy that day so I decided I'd just have a relaxing bath rather then standing up in a shower in risk of losing my balance. (I have 2 deficiencys in which was a common cause for my slight dizzyness). Once I hopped out of the bath my body felt unreasonably heavy, like it was harder to move, walk and do anything whatsoever. I thought maybe that's just because of the water on my body so I just continued on, drying myself ect. It soon came to my attention that my breathing slowly got heavier and louder, and soon enough I could barely breathe. I was practically gasping for air whilst my head felt extremely heavy. I knew my body was warning me to sit down or take a break but my stupidity told me to just quickly get dressed and to go lay down. So I continued, ignoring this as they progressively got worse. I managed to get to my room where I finished getting dressed, though during that moment my eyes darkened and everything just went silent. My legs felt like I was sinking into the floor as my knees gave way, I managed to grab onto my bed as it was nearby and pull myself onto it. After that my ears were ringing and I had an incredibly big headache. I laid down for a while, seemingly my breathing not improving and my dizzyness still there, after a little while I pulled my weight to go downstairs where my family members were to be around people incase anything did happen, they immediately saw how pale I was and that I was practically on the verge of tears. They laid me down, gave me something to eat and drink and monitered me asking if I needed a hospital in which I didn't think was nesseccary since my symptoms were going, besides the headache. That lasted for an hour or two after. I'm not sure if this is all common symptoms of low blood pressure due to the bath but it wasn't unreasonably hot, I've always gotten slightly dizzy after showering and bathing but just figured that could've been from my deficiency. After this moment I also realised my dizzyness was worse and longer, and I'd often have headaches after bad episodes. I had a bloodtest recently due to how bad it was getting, I'm still waiting on results. I'm not sure if I should tell a doctor about this experience or if its something even worth getting checked out.

Get in touch with your doctor so that they can further investigate this for you.
Reply 3
Sorry to hear that you are going through this.
Extremely unstable blood pressure can be a sign of a heart problem, you should be checked.
Also your symptoms could be caused by low blood sugar and/or low B12/iron, you should be tested for that too.
Also serious migraines can cause that. Especially hormonal related ones. Check that too.
Hope you feel better.
If you want to talk and some support feel free to PM me. I've been through something similar.

Quick Reply

Latest