The Student Room Group

Work Experience Reference for UCAS

Hi,
In terms of adding in an employer reference for completed work experience how do most do this via UCAS? Submit to your teacher/school and they reference it on their reference? Thanks
Original post by ilovelemons
Hi,
In terms of adding in an employer reference for completed work experience how do most do this via UCAS? Submit to your teacher/school and they reference it on their reference? Thanks

What degree are you applying for?
Your UCAS reference should be an academic reference.
Original post by ilovelemons
Hi,

I've never heard of anyone even attempting to include a reference for work experience in their UCAS application. I'd be very surprised if universities are at all interested.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What degree are you applying for?
Your UCAS reference should be an academic reference.

Thank you - yes just the school has it on the tick list to include/submit to teacher if you have so wondered if this is usual ? X
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
I've never heard of anyone even attempting to include a reference for work experience in their UCAS application. I'd be very surprised if universities are at all interested.

Thank you - yes from what I could ascertain it used to be a requirement for some courses - Veterinary for example. I’m a parent - it’s just it’s on the school tick list to send to the school if you have so was enquiring if this is something lots of schools ask for ? Being there is no specific place I can see on the UCAS form guess it maybe something the teacher refers to in their reference. So just wondering if it this is commonly asked for by schools. Thank you x
I think this is just an internal school thing for them to satisfy themselves that you did it and include it in your academic ref.

The work ref itself won't be passed along or required by unis unless you are applying to vet/med or similar. They all have specific processes for submitting them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending