The Student Room Group

Personal statement and work experience

if i have work experience planned in december, and i write it into my personal statement as if i have already done it, will that cause issues?
Original post by alicjasawicka
if i have work experience planned in december, and i write it into my personal statement as if i have already done it, will that cause issues?

Yes. You'd basically be lying in your UCAS application, which is a big no no and if caught, grounds for cancelling your application and any offers you might have received. You can maybe write that you're going to do work experience in December, but that would tell the universities nothing and be a waste of space in your personal statement.

If you think this work experience will be a great addition to your personal statement, do the work experience first, write about it on your personal statement and then send it off - you have until the 31st of January to submit your application so this'll be fine.

What degree subject are you applying for?

Work experience isn’t a requirement or even a benefit for academic degrees.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What degree subject are you applying for?

Work experience isn’t a requirement or even a benefit for academic degrees.

speech and language therapy
speech and language therapy

Then it’s likely that the we would be beneficial. And also very much the case that misrepresenting that experience in your application would be considered professional misconduct and taken very seriously by any university.

Speak to your school/college and explain that you want to amend your PS after your work experience and then send it to UCAS in mid January. Get them to send your application back to you once your reference is added, do your we in December and then update your PS over Christmas and send it back to your college for final approval and sending to UCAS before the deadline.

There’s no reason to lie on your PS when the deadline is a month after your work experience.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending