The Student Room Group

University of Manchester A101 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Beccaboo19
Thank you, if you could let us know? 👌🏼
We were told at the open day that you could apply to 106 as well as 101. They told us to email the admissions office, which we did, and we received a prompt confirmation email.
I was expecting the interview invite to specify, as it did with Newcastle, but they didn’t. Possibly due to it being new this year? 😊

Of course! I think everything is a little uncertain / unclear as it's brand new so I'll definitely give them a ring on Monday (:
Reply 21
Original post by ess1213
Of course! I think everything is a little uncertain / unclear as it's brand new so I'll definitely give them a ring on Monday (:

Brilliant, please let us know what they say after ! :smile:)
Reply 22
Original post by Maha_127
Brilliant, please let us know what they say after ! :smile:)

I actually can't find the number for medicine admissions & couldn't get through on the general number on my lunch break, I work full time so may not be able to ask ): if anyone else finds out let me know!
Reply 23
hey! i actually just managed to get through because i had a later lunch today - i gave them my UCAS ID and they were able to confirm that i was being interviewed for A101 (but could be considered for A106 following the interviews), so i’m sure if you e-mailed you’d be able to ask the same thing!

hope this helps x
Reply 24
Hey! Just found this thread, I also have received an invite for interview- but asked to be considered for both A101 and A100 - I asked on email what the UCAT cut off for A101 was and she just said couldn’t tell me but I’m still being considered for both? So hoping that means GEM ahah - anyone else attending next week ?
Reply 25
Original post by Ibailey13
Hey! Just found this thread, I also have received an invite for interview- but asked to be considered for both A101 and A100 - I asked on email what the UCAT cut off for A101 was and she just said couldn’t tell me but I’m still being considered for both? So hoping that means GEM ahah - anyone else attending next week ?

My guess is that if we have applied for GEM and got an interview, we have met the UCAT cutoff for GEM, but could be considered for A106 if there aren't enough places for everyone 🙂
Hi! Just wanted to ask when everyone heard from Newcastle? I applied for A101 and my application shows up on the Newcastle Portal (saying awaiting decision) but I never received any communication regarding the NAIF or interviews... Does anyone know whether this happens more often and if I should view it as a rejection?
Hey! I applied for the A100 course and haven't received anything yet. No international student has received anything from Newcastle so if you are international as well you should be okay (if they are following the same pattern A101). Also, Newcastle does not have a NAIF (once again my information is for A100, but it is probably similar for A101). Hope this helps!
Original post by elliettors
Hey! I applied for the A100 course and haven't received anything yet. No international student has received anything from Newcastle so if you are international as well you should be okay (if they are following the same pattern A101). Also, Newcastle does not have a NAIF (once again my information is for A100, but it is probably similar for A101). Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your reply! I got confused with the threads and thought I was on the Newcastle one haha. I am an international student (but with home fee status) so hopefully I'll hear later!
Thanks again :smile:)
Hi all, congratulations on those who have received interviews so far!

I’m hoping to apply to Manchester for ‘25 entry - ideally for A101 but if one of my choices falls through then I’ll do A100/6 as well. Two things - is there an option to say you are happy to be considered for both A100/6 / A101 when applying or is that something you email them about? I’m also wondering what you guys achieved for the UCAT if poss.

When I went to the open day / looked on the website - it seemed like the mean was around 2700 but I’m not sure what UCAT is ‘safe’ in terms of receiving an inteeview as the A101 is brand new. TIA!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Elsatrish1

I’m hoping to apply to Manchester for ‘25 entry - ideally for A101 but if one of my choices falls through then I’ll do A100/6 as well. Two things - is there an option to say you are happy to be considered for both A100/6 / A101 when applying or is that something you email them about? I’m also wondering what you guys achieved for the UCAT if poss.

When I went to the open day / looked on the website - it seemed like the mean was around 2700 but I’m not sure what UCAT is ‘safe’ in terms of receiving an inteeview as the A101 is brand new. TIA!

I got an interview for a101 with 2760 UCAT, and in terms of being considered for both courses we were given an option for that on the NAIF x
Reply 31
Hi, does anyone know what Manchester base an offer on post-interview? Is it purely interview performance, or do they consider UCAT, SJT etc?
Reply 32
Forgot to update here after my interview but I asked about the GEM UCAT cut- off and basically said I assume I made it if I’m here etc. He actually said they had less applicants than expected and therefore used the same cut-off for GEM as UG- hope this clears some things up.
Also if anyone done the interview already I’d love to hear how you found it 🙂
Reply 33
Original post by Elsatrish1

Hey! I got an interview for A101 with 2800 - but I think the UCAT cut off might go up next year for GEM as apparently they had less applicants then expected as the course only got passed recently so wasn’t advertised well.
Hey! I got an interview for A101 with 2800 - but I think the UCAT cut off might go up next year for GEM as apparently they had less applicants then expected as the course only got passed recently so wasn’t advertised well.

Hi, thanks for the reply and telling me that. Hopefully once the admissions cycle is over I can get an idea on cut offs for when I apply in Oct. I’m still debating if I should apply for A101 or A106 - did they tell you what the exact cutoff was for UG?

I hope your interview went well!
Forgot to update here after my interview but I asked about the GEM UCAT cut- off and basically said I assume I made it if I’m here etc. He actually said they had less applicants than expected and therefore used the same cut-off for GEM as UG- hope this clears some things up.

Very interesting! Who was it that you asked? I wonder how many applications they actually received!?
Thanks for the update!
Reply 36

this is really interesting - thanks for sharing! I have an interview with 2850 and did apply sort of hoping something like this would happen because I know for quite a few grad med courses 2850 would be really stretching it & I would really love to live in Manchester
Reply 37

Sorry what do you mean by assume you made it if you’re here? As in you’ll get an offer if you received an interview?
Reply 38
Original post by zadesar
Sorry what do you mean by assume you made it if you’re here? As in you’ll get an offer if you received an interview?

I think they're saying they assume they made the UCAT threshold for interview since they were invited for an interview
Reply 39
Original post by JadeN92
I think they're saying they assume they made the UCAT threshold for interview since they were invited for an interview

Yes exactly! - basically I assumed I made the GEM UCAT threshold if they had invited me for an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending