The Student Room Group

Which uni is better for quantity surveying?

Was wondering which university was better for Quantity Surveying: Aston University or Birmingham City University?
Original post by sua008
Was wondering which university was better for Quantity Surveying: Aston University or Birmingham City University?

Hi @sua008

I can't speak for Aston University, but I thought I could tell you a bit more about BCU!

You've probably already been looking at the course webpage for Quantity Surveying, but I'll add it to this thread so you can take another look at the course details. There is also the option to complete a placement year in industry as part of the course too, which might interest you if you are looking for some hands on industry experience. Definitely take a look at the 'course in depth' section to get a good idea of what you'll be studying. It might be worth comparing this alongside the Aston uni course to see if there are any differences or anything you prefer about either university's modules.
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/quantity-surveying-bsc-hons-2024-25#course_in_depth

In terms of BCU outside of your course, there's always lots going on from societies to socials, opportunities to get involved with wider uni life - like the recent graffiti mural painted outside The Eagle and Ball - our student pub. The pub also hosts karaoke and a weekly pub quiz if that's your vibe. There's also sports teams you can get involved with too.

If you have any more questions about BCU or anything to do with uni in general, feel free to drop a message in the chat and I'll see if I can help.

Best of luck with your decision!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending