The Student Room Group

degree at top 10t uni or apprenticeship at low ranked uni

I want to study quantity surveying and commercial management but I do not know whether an apprenticeship or degree is the way to go.

If I go to uni it would be at loughborough (depending on grades but I should get them)

pros:
top university for quantity surveying
highly ranked in general (7)
good sports facilities and has a ski team
only 3 years

cons:
more than 27k in debt
no experience in a firm
not guaranteed a job at the end

if i go with a degree apprenticeship it would be at anglia ruskin (also subject to grades but still achievable)

pros:
experience in a firm
earning money
no debt
still get a degree
could continue at local ski club

cons:
not as higher ranked (118) (how much does ranking matter?)
5 years not 3
although job potential it’s not guaranteed
sports facilities not as good and no ski team

can I get some advice cause I am really stuck
Original post by lewiswyatt7
I want to study quantity surveying and commercial management but I do not know whether an apprenticeship or degree is the way to go.

If I go to uni it would be at loughborough (depending on grades but I should get them)

pros:
top university for quantity surveying
highly ranked in general (7)
good sports facilities and has a ski team
only 3 years

cons:
more than 27k in debt
no experience in a firm
not guaranteed a job at the end

if i go with a degree apprenticeship it would be at anglia ruskin (also subject to grades but still achievable)

pros:
experience in a firm
earning money
no debt
still get a degree
could continue at local ski club

cons:
not as higher ranked (118) (how much does ranking matter?)
5 years not 3
although job potential it’s not guaranteed
sports facilities not as good and no ski team

can I get some advice cause I am really stuck

Hi @lewiswyatt7 ,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I have completed 2 years at Loughborough so I can give you a bit of insight.
The reason I chose to study at Loughborough was not just because the course suited me best but because of the campus and facilities (particularly for sport!) The campus has such a great community feel and I liked the fact that everything you need is in one place.

The facilities on campus are amazing and there are so many opportunities to get involved in. From sport to
societies and RAG there is such a variety to chose from. If you are interested in the ski team I would recommend looking at this page here for more insight. I play netball at Loughborough and being part of a sports club has been such a highlight for me and has helped me meet so many new people and make friends.

For me, going to University has been great. It has given me independence, an amazing experience and I have made great friends.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask 🙂
Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending