The Student Room Group

What Uni to pick

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I chose nursing and have two offers, one from Wolverhampton uni at the telford campus and another from Staffordshire Uni.
I currently live in Birmingham and moving into the dorms are last resort. both travelling time are the same around 1hr 40 to 2hrs
I am going to try to call to change the Wolverhampton campus but I want to be able to start studying this year as I'm starting with a foundation year since my grades aren't the best.
Im asking which is worth it to go
Thank you
Erm, both should be worth it, it's really a matter of which one you like the most?

I would advise against staying in Birmingham since it'll involve a significant and tiredsome commute. Quote from a previous post of mine aimed at a would-be London-Kent computer (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7387309#post98729698):

"As someone above said, train tickets will eat almost all of your money and you'd have to wake up crazy early for morning lectures. Plus, you're left reliant on the railways to get you to university which, in the current strike climate, it's probably not the brightest idea. And take it from someone who commuted one a half hours to sixth form and then another half an hour back home - it's not fun travelling so much, it's tiring and it eats a lot of your valuable time. I'd try to move close to your uni, I think it'll be much more beneficial for you!"
Original post by muz34
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I chose nursing and have two offers, one from Wolverhampton uni at the telford campus and another from Staffordshire Uni.
I currently live in Birmingham and moving into the dorms are last resort. both travelling time are the same around 1hr 40 to 2hrs
I am going to try to call to change the Wolverhampton campus but I want to be able to start studying this year as I'm starting with a foundation year since my grades aren't the best.
Im asking which is worth it to go
Thank you

Live in halls.
Reply 3
Omg I did not realise this, if I can't get a closer campus I'll probably take ur advice and move into the halls. Thanks 😊
Reply 4
It's also worth considering where you may be sent on placement and how you will get there. I'm not sure which hospitals Stafford uses for their placements, but Staffordshire is a pretty big area so it's something you should think about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending