The Student Room Group

2nd year accommodation

How are you meant to find accommodation for 2nd year when I no one to move in with? All these posts look for groups of people? Are any of you guys in a similar situation
Original post by JP808
How are you meant to find accommodation for 2nd year when I no one to move in with? All these posts look for groups of people? Are any of you guys in a similar situation

Hi there,
It's never too early to start thinking about where to live in second year. You're not alone if you're still looking for housemates, it took me until late into my first year to find a group of people to live with. I'd say consider what you're looking for when it comes to your second year student accommodation. Would you like to share with others? If so, there's plenty of ways you can find housemates for next year including posting on forums like TSR.

Or, you could book a room in a private student accommodation and make requests as to the kind of person you'd like to share with (e.g. other second years) and the accommodation teams will usually try their best to put you in a flat that suits you. Alternatively, you could look at studio accommodation with additional facilities that allow you to be social whilst having your own space.

Hope this helps!

-Sophie
Original post by JP808

Hi,

Some universities offer halls accommodation for all 3 years of study which can be a great option. I have personally lived in halls all 3 years and it has been great as it often comes at a cheaper rate than private rental and you also have the security of your university as a backup if anything goes wrong. I would highly advise looking into it.

All the best,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending