The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Official University of Birmingham Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Is anyone going to the offer holder day this Saturday? I dont know anyone going and was wondering if anyone had any groupchats that i could be added to just to make some friends😂😂xx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 141
Original post by chloepoulton
Hey! Is anyone going to the offer holder day this Saturday? I dont know anyone going and was wondering if anyone had any groupchats that i could be added to just to make some friends😂😂xx

There are groupchats if you know where to look....

Off site communications are agaisnt the site rules so links are a no-go, but I would encourage you to check your emails for an invite from the University of Birmingham to join a community. Do a bit of digging inside the community and you'll find what you are looking for.
Reply 142
Has any one received a flexibility email for grade reduction, I've never heard of such a thing till UoB sent me an email about it today
Reply 143
Original post by Hazrhii
Has any one received a flexibility email for grade reduction, I've never heard of such a thing till UoB sent me an email about it today

Looks like they're slightly desperate for students...
Original post by Hazrhii

yes I just came here to ask this!! so strange, what course is yours for? I went to the offer holder day where they spoke about how competitive my course is only to receive that reduction email yesterday... I understand its not specific to me lol but still, feels weird after what the admissions team have said?
Reply 145
Original post by rubyumbum
yes I just came here to ask this!! so strange, what course is yours for? I went to the offer holder day where they spoke about how competitive my course is only to receive that reduction email yesterday... I understand its not specific to me lol but still, feels weird after what the admissions team have said?

Biochemistry
Reply 146
Original post by Hazrhii

@PQ @Admit-One What's your take on this??
Original post by chloepoulton

i am
Agree with the above, they likely know they’re going to be flexible on results day anyway, so may as well use it as a marketing tool to encourage people to firm and insure them.

I’d encourage people to take as much time as they need to consider their offers and to go to offer holder days where possible.
Original post by Hazrhii

Yeah I got one
Original post by Hazrhii

I got one, i think they’re trying to fill places/get more firms. Still a good thing tho 😁
Original post by bazzabeebenson
I got one, i think they’re trying to fill places/get more firms. Still a good thing tho 😁

What does it mean if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by Anonymous #18
What does it mean if you don’t mind me asking?

they said that if on results they you are 1 below your offer (eg AAC instead of AAB) they have the flexibility to still potentially give you a full offer
has anyone already been to an A2B event? if so what does it entail and include
Original post by rubyumbum

what course did u get a reduction for?
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! @flowersinmyhair made a thread asking whether the campus environment influenced your uni choices, and @Scotland Yard wants to know your opinion on whether unis should ban meat from their menus! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Do you think universities should ban meat from their menus? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
Congratulations to your Birmingham Offers!

Hi, Law applicants and offer holders,
I made a form for us to enter all law decisions (offer, still waiting, rejection) across universities this year (2023-2024)

Here's the link:https://forms.gle/BFRACrPsm4zE9KJh9

Link to responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cAJyHUxO8UxjUn3e7uDVq2DMN1ZV8Rih5kNAmCtlZdo/edit?usp=sharing

Please do make the time to fill out the form to help those who are still waiting and those who will be applying next year.

Good luck with your upcoming exams!
Original post by username6050311
hey, im a girl wanting to do physics :smile: any other girls doing physics? im not looking to be surrounded by only boys haha... i also want to be a niqabi there, i read the policy on niqabs. how safe is birmingham tho?

hi girly I'm not doing physics but I am a Muslim girly doing electrical engineering yeah Birmingham safe it super diverse range of people it great here
hi any girls doing electric and electrical engineering BNEG / MNEG
Reply 159
Anyone doing biomed here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending