The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick applications

So I’d received an offer from Warwick for the BA Sociology course (L300) on 20th October. They sent me a confirmation email of the offer.

Suddenly today I get an email saying: “We’ve recently heard some exciting news from our Undergraduate Admissions Team we understand they have confirmed a decision on your application with UCAS. They have sent you an e-mail with full details on their decision so if you haven’t received it yet, do look out for it.”

Then afterwards they say: “This email was sent in error and we would like to assure you that this does not affect any existing application you may have with us.”

I’m getting this weird feeling that they’re saying that the offer was a mistake? Has anybody else got this? Does the offer I received still stand? I’m a bit confused.

I’ve emailed the Undergraduate office to double check.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by trixster06
So I’d received an offer from Warwick for the BA Sociology course (L300) on 20th October. They sent me a confirmation email of the offer.

Suddenly today I get an email saying: “We’ve recently heard some exciting news from our Undergraduate Admissions Team we understand they have confirmed a decision on your application with UCAS. They have sent you an e-mail with full details on their decision so if you haven’t received it yet, do look out for it.”

Then afterwards they say: “This email was sent in error and we would like to assure you that this does not affect any existing application you may have with us.”

I’m getting this weird feeling that they’re saying that the offer was a mistake? Has anybody else got this? Does the offer I received still stand? I’m a bit confused.

If you ignore all the emails, what does UCAS Hub say? If that says you have an offer, then you have an offer.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
If you ignore all the emails, what does UCAS Hub say? If that says you have an offer, then you have an offer.

UCAS says I have the offer

I got an offer on Monday and received this email today too but my UCAS hub says the offer is still there so I assume it’s an email error?
Reply 4
UCAS says I have the offer

You have the offer. Don't worry. There was just a mess up in their email systems which made them think that you have accepted the offer, which you have not. Funnily enough, on the morning of the last open day at Warwick whilst we were driving there, my daughter got an email from Warwick saying that it was sad that she was not able to make it, only to get another email shortly after to say that it was a mistake. Clearly they have a few glitches with their automated email script.
Reply 5
Original post by lalexm
You have the offer. Don't worry. There was just a mess up in their email systems which made them think that you have accepted the offer, which you have not. Funnily enough, on the morning of the last open day at Warwick whilst we were driving there, my daughter got an email from Warwick saying that it was sad that she was not able to make it, only to get another email shortly after to say that it was a mistake. Clearly they have a few glitches with their automated email script.

Ahh ok! Thank you for your response. This was very reassuring. Was very concerned! Yep, definitely a few technical problems going on there. 😄
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I got an offer on Monday and received this email today too but my UCAS hub says the offer is still there so I assume it’s an email error?

Ahh ok cool! Yeah I think it’s not got anything to do with the offer and is probably just a technical error on their part. Well done for getting an offer! <3

Quick Reply

Latest