The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham Medicine A100 : waitlisted; 2024 entry

Hey all,

So I applied to medical school this year (I’m in Year 13 now, I did an early application in mid September 2023)

So far I have received two rejections :,) , I had a poor UCAT score but I am also a bit of extenuating circumstances because of issues with my physical and mental health in Year 12. I have been waitlisted for Nottingham, which not many people have been happy with when I’ve told them lol but I am pleased because I still have a chance. I am also waiting on Keele.

Here are my stats, I am just wondering how likely it is to get a call for an interview in the next few months? I am completely aware that a waitlist isn’t a guaranteed spot, but I’m not completely off the radar I guess?

GCSEs:
9s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Distinction in English Spoken Endorsement
Distinction* in Physical Education Level 2 Cambridge National Awards

UCAT:
2410 with a Band 2 in SJT (yes this score keeps me up at night)

A-Levels predicted:
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Philosophy A*
Maths A

Experience:
Shadowing placement in Paediatrics
Pharmacy dispensing and cashier
Hospitality experience
Volunteer at charity shop and care home
Online tutor of 11+
Sooo many online work experience programs
Careers hospital talks
Literally everything Medic Mentor had to offer
Leader of medical debate society
Senior prefect
Sports captain
Lots of experience with presentations etc.

I’m just so bummed because yes my stats aren’t perfect, but the passion is 100% there. I honestly really looked forward to interviews so much because 1) I can speak for daysss and 2) I am very genuine and I have taken time to think about this degree, so it really sucks I haven’t had the chance to show what I’ve got this year

Please could someone give me some advice <3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Congrats for being put on waitlist of nottingham. There is still hope. May I ask when was ur interview? I still heard nth fm them
Original post by medwithme
Hey all,

So I applied to medical school this year (I’m in Year 13 now, I did an early application in mid September 2023)

So far I have received two rejections :,) , I had a poor UCAT score but I am also a bit of extenuating circumstances because of issues with my physical and mental health in Year 12. I have been waitlisted for Nottingham, which not many people have been happy with when I’ve told them lol but I am pleased because I still have a chance. I am also waiting on Keele.

Here are my stats, I am just wondering how likely it is to get a call for an interview in the next few months? I am completely aware that a waitlist isn’t a guaranteed spot, but I’m not completely off the radar I guess?

GCSEs:
9s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Distinction in English Spoken Endorsement
Distinction* in Physical Education Level 2 Cambridge National Awards

UCAT:
2410 with a Band 2 in SJT (yes this score keeps me up at night)

A-Levels predicted:
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Philosophy A*
Maths A

Experience:
Shadowing placement in Paediatrics
Pharmacy dispensing and cashier
Hospitality experience
Volunteer at charity shop and care home
Online tutor of 11+
Sooo many online work experience programs
Careers hospital talks
Literally everything Medic Mentor had to offer
Leader of medical debate society
Senior prefect
Sports captain
Lots of experience with presentations etc.

I’m just so bummed because yes my stats aren’t perfect, but the passion is 100% there. I honestly really looked forward to interviews so much because 1) I can speak for daysss and 2) I am very genuine and I have taken time to think about this degree, so it really sucks I haven’t had the chance to show what I’ve got this year

Please could someone give me some advice <3

Fingers crossed for an interview. What amazing experience you have. Sounds like best plan to focus on A levels for now. You could consider ucat extra for Brunel if you do not manage any offers. Just a thought .
Reply 3
Original post by beloisaac
Congrats for being put on waitlist of nottingham. There is still hope. May I ask when was ur interview? I still heard nth fm them

hi there, i didn’t receive an interview from nottingham! it was just an email saying they’d like me to be part of their community, so they offered me a bunch of other healthcare degrees and also gave me the option of being on the contact list for if an interview becomes available, I got my email on the 9th January 🙂
(edited 2 months ago)
Hello, is everyone getting rejected by Nottingham for medicine getting the opting-in option for an interview (if there are extra seats available)? Or is it an actual waiting list?
Reply 5
Hi, I've been put on a waitlist. does anyone know my chances of getting in or how long they'll take to get back to me?
Reply 6
hi there, i didn’t receive an interview from nottingham! it was just an email saying they’d like me to be part of their community, so they offered me a bunch of other healthcare degrees and also gave me the option of being on the contact list for if an interview becomes available, I got my email on the 9th January 🙂

me too, I got the same one on 9th January
Reply 7
Original post by arianahossain123
Hello, is everyone getting rejected by Nottingham for medicine getting the opting-in option for an interview (if there are extra seats available)? Or is it an actual waiting list?
hey, I wouldn’t think so, because they can’t waitlist everyone, or else it’s the same as us all applying and competing with each other again
hey, I wouldn’t think so, because they can’t waitlist everyone, or else it’s the same as us all applying and competing with each other again
Ohh, okay, that makes sense. Thank you so much!
Do you know what main factors play a role in getting an interview for the waiting list students? Is it by ranking UCAT scores?
Those who got waitlisted, did you get rejection on UCAS track?
Anyone got offer?
Hi everyone. I unfortunately received a rejection through UCAS this morning for Nottingham med. I'm pretty upset but oh well, theres nothing to do about it now. I didn't have an interview and they don't know my final grades but I've been rejected nonetheless.

What about the rest of you who had been on the waiting list?
Original post by Thumbsup786
Yes
Reply 14
Original post by Thumbsup786
yep 👍
Reply 15
Original post by izmaakmal
Hi everyone. I unfortunately received a rejection through UCAS this morning for Nottingham med. I'm pretty upset but oh well, theres nothing to do about it now. I didn't have an interview and they don't know my final grades but I've been rejected nonetheless.
What about the rest of you who had been on the waiting list?
hey I don’t think that means we’re off the waitlist! when they contact us again, it’s not through ucas but ucas extra :smile: this means it’s a rejection for now, but they can contact us later via ucas extra
hey I don’t think that means we’re off the waitlist! when they contact us again, it’s not through ucas but ucas extra :smile: this means it’s a rejection for now, but they can contact us later via ucas extra
But if I’m still waiting on another uni, and I can’t add courses on ucas extra does it still apply to me?
Reply 17
Original post by izmaakmal
But if I’m still waiting on another uni, and I can’t add courses on ucas extra does it still apply to me?
hmmmm
I think the policy is that you can be called for a Nottingham interview if you haven’t firmed another uni

they basically want us to reject everyone else because they want to interview ppl who haven’t gotten anything so far, as opposed to those who have backups
Hey everyone, this is a question for everyone on the waiting list: when you log in to NottinghamHub and click on "My Application" what does the application status say? Does it say rejected or application received? Mine says rejected so I don't think I'm on the waiting list then.
I don’t recall getting any info about the Nottingham Hub, I wonder if it went in my junk email? How would I login? Do you get a separate Hub for Lincoln anpplicants also? Or would the Nottingham Hub show both?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending