The Student Room Group

Urgent uni UCL tuition payment

Guys I need to pay my tuition fee and the deadline to pay is tomorrow. The portico says I can pay through flywire however this payment method takes 2-3 working days to reach university. After making payment I also have to do late enrollment the deadline of which is tomorrow. I can only enrol after paying my tuition fee. So if I pay today will I be allowed to enrol tomorrow even if payment will be received by university in 2-3 days?

I hope my question makes sense. Please help guys it’s urgent.
Original post by Rookie666
Guys I need to pay my tuition fee and the deadline to pay is tomorrow. The portico says I can pay through flywire however this payment method takes 2-3 working days to reach university. After making payment I also have to do late enrollment the deadline of which is tomorrow. I can only enrol after paying my tuition fee. So if I pay today will I be allowed to enrol tomorrow even if payment will be received by university in 2-3 days?

I hope my question makes sense. Please help guys it’s urgent.

You need to speak directly with UCLs Finance team. Probably best you go down there tomorrow morning with evidence of payment and sort it out from there. It might take a trip on to admissions as well.
You need to contact UCL directly tomorrow to discuss with them directly - ideally speaking with some kind of student services people on campus (and your personal tutor).

Realistically what you needed to have done was to look ahead, find out the deadlines, and make sure you make any payments and complete enrollment in time.

Anecdotally when I had to pay them through flywire it went through on the same day I think?
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
You need to contact UCL directly tomorrow to discuss with them directly - ideally speaking with some kind of student services people on campus (and your personal tutor).

Realistically what you needed to have done was to look ahead, find out the deadlines, and make sure you make any payments and complete enrollment in time.

Anecdotally when I had to pay them through flywire it went through on the same day I think?

Actually there used to be a different payment method before called “pay online” at UCL. I’m making payment through flywire first time so I’m not sure that once I make the payment to flywire will my portico be updated immediately or the university will be aware immediately that I have made the payment so now I can enrol?
Original post by Rookie666
Actually there used to be a different payment method before called “pay online” at UCL. I’m making payment through flywire first time so I’m not sure that once I make the payment to flywire will my portico be updated immediately or the university will be aware immediately that I have made the payment so now I can enrol?

No idea, in my case I enrolled first then made the payment. I'm not really sure what the wait was for.

In any case you should contact them anyway. And you should realistically have checked all the deadlines and sorted this out before the night before, for future reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending