The Student Room Group

sh1tty friends

I am in a friend group with 3 absolutely insufferable people. One is so quiet she just stands there, ignores me when I say hi or just blatantly stares at me if I say something but talks my ear off sometimes, one who continuously flexes her grade 9's and how she's so smart, one who is so annoying I could scream.

I am quiet and introverted but very social around friends and it is absolute hell being around these girls. It drains every ounce of my happiness until I'm left a wallowing, hollow pit of misery and frustration.

Today one of them made a joke about how when I age I'm going to "look droopy" and have "a lot of wrinkles". I can't lie this did really hurt my feelings. The other one laughed at this like it was bloody hilarious. Call me soft but they are supposed to be my friends.

These girls are so shallow and incapable of having any deep meaningful conversation and are just in general absolutely soul draining to even be in the vicinity of.

Also before someone calls me rude, dramatic or what not if you were in my position you'd feel the same way, it really is just that bad.

Anyone know what I can do? I have 2 other friends I could hang out with but one has a friend group and the other kind of does as well. I think I may disappear of the face of the planet if I have to hang out with these girls again.

I want to have a go at all of them before I leave their sh1tty selves, is that a good idea?
Original post by Anonymous
I am in a friend group with 3 absolutely insufferable people. One is so quiet she just stands there, ignores me when I say hi or just blatantly stares at me if I say something but talks my ear off sometimes, one who continuously flexes her grade 9's and how she's so smart, one who is so annoying I could scream.

I am quiet and introverted but very social around friends and it is absolute hell being around these girls. It drains every ounce of my happiness until I'm left a wallowing, hollow pit of misery and frustration.

Today one of them made a joke about how when I age I'm going to "look droopy" and have "a lot of wrinkles". I can't lie this did really hurt my feelings. The other one laughed at this like it was bloody hilarious. Call me soft but they are supposed to be my friends.

These girls are so shallow and incapable of having any deep meaningful conversation and are just in general absolutely soul draining to even be in the vicinity of.

Also before someone calls me rude, dramatic or what not if you were in my position you'd feel the same way, it really is just that bad.

Anyone know what I can do? I have 2 other friends I could hang out with but one has a friend group and the other kind of does as well. I think I may disappear of the face of the planet if I have to hang out with these girls again.

I want to have a go at all of them before I leave their sh1tty selves, is that a good idea?

Start hanging out with your other friends and start getting to know their friendship circles, take part in clubs at school and you'll be able to meet new people from there too or even the library. If you have a go at them, the situation will just get worse and it'll probably be better to distance yourself on neutral terms to avoid any dumb drama and stress. They sound like they have a personality deficiency, so don't even bother listening to them.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Start hanging out with your other friends and start getting to know their friendship circles, take part in clubs at school and you'll be able to meet new people from there too or even the library. If you have a go at them, the situation will just get worse and it'll probably be better to distance yourself on neutral terms to avoid any dumb drama and stress. They sound like they have a personality deficiency, so don't even bother listening to them.

thank you
Reply 3
I mean *****y friends are not really friends are they? 🙂 They're just part of your **** circle and why you have a **** circle is just strange...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending