The Student Room Group

I am nervous to contact my old head of sixth form.

So I am resitting privately as well as re-applying to ucas I need a reference and updated predicted grades but I am nervous to contact my head of sixth form via email, I have feeling they will just reject or deny me. How should i go about this ? What should I start the email of with?
Reply 1
I just had to chase references from 3 different people and was anxious regarding this but they all responded and helped me out with no issues even though I left it quite late because I was nervous to ask.

I'd say just go for it and contact them, be polite in your message and make sure to tell them you appreciate the support.
Original post by lionelmessi34
So I am resitting privately as well as re-applying to ucas I need a reference and updated predicted grades but I am nervous to contact my head of sixth form via email, I have feeling they will just reject or deny me. How should i go about this ? What should I start the email of with?

@lionelmessi34

Maybe you could start the email with:

Hello,
I was wondering if you could.....

There's no need to feel shy about it. They will have been asked before about references. The worst they can do is to not reply/ or be unable to give you a reference, which would leave you in the same situation that you are in now, so there really is nothing to lose (apart from time!).

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending