The Student Room Group

Cambridge work submission

Help! I submitted my written work without realising there was a word count. It's well over and I'm worried this will effect my chances at an interview. Does anyone know more about this?
Original post by Anonymous
Help! I submitted my written work without realising there was a word count. It's well over and I'm worried this will effect my chances at an interview. Does anyone know more about this?

I remember reading somewhere (perhaps on the Cambridge web site itself) that if you go over the word count they reserve the right to stop reading your work part way through.

So if the first half is a bit pedestrian, with all the interesting stuff happening later, that wouldn't be ideal. However, if it's impressive throughout, then you should be fine.

Top tip: read all their instructions carefully in future. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
I remember reading somewhere (perhaps on the Cambridge web site itself) that if you go over the word count they reserve the right to stop reading your work part way through.

So if the first half is a bit pedestrian, with all the interesting stuff happening later, that wouldn't be ideal. However, if it's impressive throughout, then you should be fine.

Top tip: read all their instructions carefully in future. :smile:

thank you!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending