The Student Room Group

Advice of Salford interview for Midwifery

what kind of questions would i get on my salford university interview for midwifery? It is online and a group one so i want to be prepared.
Original post by najha22
what kind of questions would i get on my salford university interview for midwifery? It is online and a group one so i want to be prepared.

There is some good advice in the following thread on how to prepare for healthcare interviews:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316

:smile:
Original post by najha22

The university should have told you whether you are doing a online interview or in person interview,
Also most universities will send you out some information about what you are to research and study for your interview.

If online - you'll get a opportunity to do your own individual interview first, then usually they will do a group session with everyone getting a opportunity to ask questions

If in person interview it's similar to online interview, individual interview, then you do a group session, you might do some MMI's ( mini interview stations where you are asked to Ans or discuss the object in front of you and they last between 5 - 10 mini.

Unfortunately nobody can give you exact questions or answers for the interview due to fairness for other candidates doing the same interview as yourself. The universities generally change the questions for each interview session they do so that nobody can give out the questions.

Some examples of questions you might be asked....

Why midwifery instead of adult or children nursing
Why this university for your coursework
NMC code of practice
6 C's of nursing
Any previous experience in a healthcare setting ( not always necessary ok)
How would you cope with stress while on your shift
How would you cope with a bereavement while you are on your shift and stay professional as a midwife.

NHS registered midwife
Original post by najha22

Hey @najha22,

Congrats on getting to the interview stage at Salford!

We have a whole page on a website to help you prep for your Health and Society Interview which you can find here.

But here are the main FAQs - Hopefully you find them useful!

How do I access my online interview?
You can access your interview from the link on the email that we have sent you. The date and time of your interview are also included on this email. We will send this to you again a couple of days before your interview as a reminder. Please enter your interview ten minutes before the scheduled start time.
We will be making the session live for your interview one hour before it is scheduled, so you can check your access and make sure everything is working in order. If you try to access the interview any time earlier than this, the page may not appear.

What do I need to have ready for my online interview?
Please ensure you have your photo ID, such as a driving licence or passport to hand. Pictures will be checked at your interview, so please make sure you have access to a camera on your computer.
You will not need to show us your certificates at the interview stage; we only examine certificates for those students who are made an offer post interview.
We recommend you access the interview using Google Chrome on a desktop computer or laptop however it is possible to access the system on a tablet or smartphone. When you sign into the session, please enter your full name.
We have put together a video with helpful tips on how to prepare for your online interview.

What will happen at my online interview?
Your interview will consist of a person introduction and a group activity. The group activity will last around 20 minutes but please allow for up to two hours for the entire interview session. The interview panel may consist of lecturers, clinicians, service users and students.

What will I be assessed on?

Your passion for the career of a Midwife

Knowledge of the course

Knowledge of the role of a Midwife

The values you demonstrate in your responses

Your interpersonal skills

Individual scores will be calculated based on your responses. There is no individual interview for this course.

What happens after I have completed my interview?
Please note that this is an extremely popular course, and in some cases, we may hold applications until the equal consideration deadline, to ensure fair and equal treatment of all on-time applicants. Once a decision has been made this will be updated on UCAS.
We do urge you not to share details on the interview process with other applicants as you will be putting them at an advantage over your own application. 

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask—I'm more than happy to help!

Katie 😀 - (Offical Salford Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending