The Student Room Group

Are men treated better than women?

I’m a very independent female. I pay my own bills. I buy my own clothes and supplies. In the past 6 years I had 4 cars that I financed myself. My family always looks down on me and judges me just because I’m a girl. They treat me like a spoiled brat even though they never do anything for me. I have a younger brother who they spoil rotten. His dad pays his bills. He gives him all of his cars after he wrecks them. But yet my family looks at me like I’m some entitled girl just because I’m cute and it’s so annoying. I had to work for everything that I had. I would never wait for any man to do Nothing for me. Not even my step dad who always acts like I’m dying for him to give me anything when he’s the one who had to take my cars in the past and give them to his son and family. Why do men get treated better in some families. Is it because men are better?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m a very independent female. I pay my own bills. I buy my own clothes and supplies. In the past 6 years I had 4 cars that I financed myself. My family always looks down on me and judges me just because I’m a girl. They treat me like a spoiled brat even though they never do anything for me. I have a younger brother who they spoil rotten. His dad pays his bills. He gives him all of his cars after he wrecks them. But yet my family looks at me like I’m some entitled girl just because I’m cute and it’s so annoying. I had to work for everything that I had. I would never wait for any man to do Nothing for me. Not even my step dad who always acts like I’m dying for him to give me anything when he’s the one who had to take my cars in the past and give them to his son and family. Why do men get treated better in some families. Is it because men are better?

No that is not true there’s no better in this it’s just pure favouritism. And the fact is nobody learns in life unless they become independent.

I do not believe men are better than women. I just believe that many people think that because we live in a patriarchal world.
Reply 3

as above it seemingly is just favouritism ; there's no basis here to make any sweeping conclusions about how gender affects how people are treated in their families.
Reply 4
Original post by souffle101
as above it seemingly is just favouritism ; there's no basis here to make any sweeping conclusions about how gender affects how people are treated in their families.

Yes there is because when my brother goes out in my car or his dads car it’s fine. But when I go it’s a problem. My brother does get treated different because he’s a man when he wouldn’t last a day in the world without his daddy! I may be small but I don’t need anybody!
Reply 5
Original post by souffle101

My brother is made out to be more responsible because hes big and made made out to be strong. He works but doesn’t pay any of his bills I do but I get treated like **** just because I’m a girl. I do so much for my mom but my family looks at me as some leech just because my mom begged me to move with her after her mom died. My brother does nothing for my mom but o he gets the pat on the back
Reply 6
Yes there is because when my brother goes out in my car or his dads car it’s fine. But when I go it’s a problem. My brother does get treated different because he’s a man when he wouldn’t last a day in the world without his daddy! I may be small but I don’t need anybody!

i mean yeah, when i said that i was talking in a more general sense as that's what the thread title question appears to stipulate.

but yea in your case it's very possible that gender is the reason but it also could just be blatant favouritism for other reasons, i do not have enough information to really say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending