The Student Room Group

This guy stole a girl I was interested in

So this girl finally got free of this guy who treated her bad and was interested in me and at the weekend we were drinking in halls and me and her were getting close but then this loser guy came over mad saying he was lonely how nobody wanted him and she bloody fell for it and slept with him, I'd been grafting all term to get with her only for him to do that. I confronted her about it today and she said she just can't get away from him and said he's big down below, it's not fair, any tips on how I can win her properly over this guy?
Reply 1
she dont want u lil bro move on
Original post by Anonymous
So this girl finally got free of this guy who treated her bad and was interested in me and at the weekend we were drinking in halls and me and her were getting close but then this loser guy came over mad saying he was lonely how nobody wanted him and she bloody fell for it and slept with him, I'd been grafting all term to get with her only for him to do that. I confronted her about it today and she said she just can't get away from him and said he's big down below, it's not fair, any tips on how I can win her properly over this guy?

Dude,

Unless you were actually exclusively dating this girl, he didn't "steal" her from you.

Not sure what that says about you, but she just thought he was a better catch. It's not rocket science.
Reply 3
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Dude,

Unless you were actually exclusively dating this girl, he didn't "steal" her from you.

Not sure what that says about you, but she just thought he was a better catch. It's not rocket science.

Yes but she always moaned in the past that he treated her like crap
Yes but she always moaned in the past that he treated her like crap

Well there's obviously something good / appealing about him, which makes his faults (however bad they may be) worth putting up with.

How exactly did he "treat her like crap"?
Confronting her about it was a mistake. As it shows you're butt hurt. Which will indicate to her that you lack emotional strength.

Also, she's just 1 young woman. What about the hundreds or thousands of other lovely young women at your uni?

I strongly suspect that there's more to it than this other guy saying he was lonely and nobody wanted him. If he said that in a serious way he was acting in a rather unattractive way. If he said it in a joking / self mocking kind of way then he was acting in an attractive way. Or if he said it seriously and then went on to interact with her in an attractive way, then that's why she slept with him and not you.

Usually you don't get women into bed with you by being ultra nice. Nor by trying to be her best friend.

For future reference, if you're talking with a woman and another guy butts in, there's a couple of ploys you can use:
1. Ask straight away "Do you 2 know each other?". If he says "No", you say "Just give us a minute" and carry on talking with her, maybe moving her to a different location. If he says "Yes", you ask how and then if they're not boyfriend and girlfriend say "Just give us a minute"
2. Play on the fact that he's trying to chat her up. EG "Is that your best pick up line?" with a smile on your face in a friendly tone of voice. Or "Hey, I think you're the sort of guy that's great at picking girls up. Come on, show us how you do it. Show us your really cool pick-up routine..."

You should aim to be the emotionally and mentally strong guy. That talks to everyone and anyone around campus and in your halls in a positive and enthusiastic way. That keeps things light. That laughs a lot and others laugh a lot around him. Also be the sort of guy that takes the lead in escalating to sex in a socially calibrated non rapey way.

And also don't forget to do proper revision for your end of year exams. So that you're the sort of guy that handles exam pressure well.

I have one or two amusing anecdotes I can trot out about large penises. A bit of joking around was the sort of thing to do when she mentioned his size.
Reply 6
Well there's obviously something good / appealing about him, which makes his faults (however bad they may be) worth putting up with.

How exactly did he "treat her like crap"?

She said he uses her I'm done with this ****
Reply 7
Grafting all term?? Either she doesnt want you or you did not make a move and are somehow upset that she did not choose you. She does not owe you jack ****
Reply 8
Grafting all term?? Either she doesnt want you or you did not make a move and are somehow upset that she did not choose you. She does not owe you jack ****

She hinted we should do stuff together until he butted in I was finally getting somewhere fed up of these girls who can't make their minds up
She hinted we should do stuff together until he butted in I was finally getting somewhere fed up of these girls who can't make their minds up

That's life bro. Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue.

If it's any consolation, I doubt you were really anything more than a shoulder to cry on, otherwise she would have jumped you at the first chance (even if it was a rebound). Either way, it ain't happening now is it.

Summer's here, go find another girl who actually likes you.
Reply 10
That's life bro. Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue.

If it's any consolation, I doubt you were really anything more than a shoulder to cry on, otherwise she would have jumped you at the first chance (even if it was a rebound). Either way, it ain't happening now is it.

Summer's here, go find another girl who actually likes you.

Doubt it women often prefer the bad guy who messes them around long as he's tall rich then a guy like me has no chance even in uni halls
Doubt it all women are the same they prefer the bad guy who messes them around long as he's tall rich and has a big **** then a guy like me has no chance even in uni halls

Well with that attitude, you probably don't stand much chance :rolleyes:
Reply 12

Please stop crying, reread your post and you will see why you will never get a girl and please don't give us the nice guy rubbish
Doubt it all women are the same they prefer the bad guy who messes them around long as he's tall rich and has a big **** then a guy like me has no chance even in uni halls

Getting more romantic success than all the tall, rich guys in your hall, put tgether, is easy. All you need to do is to be the right sort of man inside. Which is easy. Just as easy, if not easier than being a poor to mediocre kind of man.

It's entirely up to you what kind of man you're going to be from tonight onwards.
Most guys, can be shown them the way when it comes to women, sex, relationships and they're like the horse that's been lead to the water font that doesn't drink. You can be the same as most guys. Or you can be better than most guys. Internally. Where it really counts.

You can dwell in heaviness and lower emotional states and emotional and mental weakness or you can live in lightness, higher emotional states and emotional and mental strength.
Reply 14
Because he's goodlooking and you're not. It's obvious, goodlooking guys get away with anything usually. You can even be the most caring and good guy, yet girls will always prefer the handsome guy
Original post by Cbr6
Because he's goodlooking and you're not. It's obvious, goodlooking guys get away with anything usually. You can even be the most caring and good guy, yet girls will always prefer the handsome guy

It's easy to blow better looking men out the water when it comes to attracting women to you (for approx 95% of men).
You don't do it by trying to convince the woman that you're more caring and more of a good guy than the other man.
You do it by actually breaking the ice with the women that you come across. By talking a load of (insert 2 expletives) - from the right frame. One of joy, lightness, positivity, enthusiasm.

If you do lose any particular woman to any particular good looking guy - which is rare as most good looking guys aren't that great at talking with women - then all that means is that you should feel happy for the two of them and you carry on till you get yourself a good woman that is a good match for you and vice versa. With it taking you from 1 day to 3 months maximum to get your next sexual partner, depending on how socially active you are and how good your man to woman social skills are.
Reply 16
Be the best version of yourself. Don't chase her, focus on yourself and how to be a better man.

Mate, he knows that he just has to show up spew any rubbish and she'll get with him. Why? Because she digs him and not you. Maybe he is better looking, more big & muscular, better socially, better emotionally, etc.

You put the work in but that's the hard path to take as you found. A lot of work and no guarantee of payback. Better to have a hook, something that attracts a girl, as above, wealth, fancy stuff, gym bod, etc than to beaver away and waste a lot of time & effort. Otherwise odds are with any half decent girl the same thing will happen again time over ad nauseum. They'll likely always be some stud guy with an easy in attribute who moves around girls screwing it up for guys who are serious about just wanting one decent girl, it's just how things are. Learn from this and change it else it will likely be history on repeat.
Of course you could have countered with the, 'Bet it's not as big as mine' and she might go with you to find out. However it's it's not that big then there's the risk she may reject you on sighting lol.
Sounds like you really want her. But do you want someone that is still in love with her ex? Do you want someone that goes back to their ex that easily?
I hope the answer is no to those 2 questions.
If so, find someone else. Get out there more. Go out to bars or clubs. Or even interact with people on dating apps. This will build your confidence and you never know, you might find someone even better than the girl you're hung up on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending