The Student Room Group

Wanting to work at Superdrug part-time

Hi, I’m Abigail.

I’m currently a university student doing an undergraduate but want to do some part time work at Superdrug.

One question I’ve always had about working at a retail store like this that has always put me off applying. Do you have to work on a till? I’m not someone who is confident with working with money so if I can I’d like to not work on tills but if I have to then I don’t know.
Tbh probably, even if you were taken on as stock assistant or such you would still be expected to be capable of running a till. I drive for a supermarket but technically yeah I can be asked to train or work on the tills too
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Abi_Bragginton
Hi, I’m Abigail.

I’m currently a university student doing an undergraduate but want to do some part time work at Superdrug.

One question I’ve always had about working at a retail store like this that has always put me off applying. Do you have to work on a till? I’m not someone who is confident with working with money so if I can I’d like to not work on tills but if I have to then I don’t know.

Hello Abigail,

It is completly normal if you do not feel comfortable working on the till, I know for me, I worked in retail and I'd always be put on the till.. my manager always asked us who ever wanted to work on the till,they may.

So my advice is to speak to your manager, and explain to him. Maybe that will be the best approach and hopefully they'll be understanding.

All the best in your new job!

Student Ambassador/Hope University
Original post by Liverpool Hope Student Ambassador
Hello Abigail,

It is completly normal if you do not feel comfortable working on the till, I know for me, I worked in retail and I'd always be put on the till.. my manager always asked us who ever wanted to work on the till,they may.

So my advice is to speak to your manager, and explain to him. Maybe that will be the best approach and hopefully they'll be understanding.

All the best in your new job!

I don’t currently work there yet, i’m just looking for part time work whilst in final year at university but wanted to see if I’d be able to work at Superdrug and not work in tills.

But thank you anyway.
I don’t currently work there yet, i’m just looking for part time work whilst in final year at university but wanted to see if I’d be able to work at Superdrug and not work in tills.

But thank you anyway.

Yes, taking a job during third year of uni is not a bad Idea, it is a great way to earn extra money. But of course, do check in with the store manager about the till issue, and hopefully they will understand.

You are very welcome,

Thank you,
Hi, I’m Abigail.

Hi, I work in retail and it’s very likely that regardless of the role you’re recruited for, you’ll have to work on the tills at some point (particularly with peak trade fast approaching).

I appreciate what you’re saying, but really it’s nothing to worry about - most people pay with card these days and if not the till will tell you the amount of change to give etc. It’s just all about getting used to it. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending