The Student Room Group

Applying for both Masters and Bachelor for same course?

Hi all,
Is it possible to apply for the Masters and the Bachelors for the same course at the same university?
Thanks.
Possible: yes
A sensible thing to do: no
Reply 2
Usually these are two versions of an identical course - just that the M version s longer - and therefore you are actually applying for the same course twice. The clue will be if the entry requirements are identical - and this usually means that all applications to that 'subject' are considered together without quotas/target numbers for each different pathway, and that means you have exactly the same chance of any offer whichever you apply for.

Always check this with the University, just email them and check. If you are very keen on that Uni, see if you could apply for a 'similar course/subject' as well, instead of two applications for the same subject. This could also be a potential for Firm/Insurance at the same Uni if they have different entry requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Possible: yes
A sensible thing to do: no

Hello, thank you for replying.
Sorry I could not mention, I am planning to apply for computer science and artificial intelligence (masters) and artificial intelligence (bachelors)
would it make your reply different?
Thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Usually these are two versions of an identical course - just that the M version s longer - and therefore you are actually applying for the same course twice. The clue will be if the entry requirements are identical - and this usually means that all applications to that 'subject' are considered together without quotas/target numbers for each different pathway, and that means you have exactly the same chance of any offer whichever you apply for.

Always check this with the University, just email them and check. If you are very keen on that Uni, see if you could apply for a 'similar course/subject' as well, instead of two applications for the same subject. This could also be a potential for Firm/Insurance at the same Uni if they have different entry requirements.

Sorry I could not mention, I am planning to apply for computer science and artificial intelligence (masters) and artificial intelligence (bachelors). (Entry requirements are same for both courses)
Thank you.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by ThankYou6477
Sorry I could not mention, I am planning to apply for computer science and artificial intelligence (masters) and artificial intelligence (bachelors)
Thank you.

No

Generally you are best off applying for the undergrad masters if you’re a UK student or the bachelors if you need a visa to study in the UK.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
No

Generally you are best off applying for the undergrad masters if you’re a UK student or the bachelors if you need a visa to study in the UK.

Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending