The Student Room Group

Masters in biomedical engineering (conversion) at Keele or Queen Mary??

Hello to anyone reading this,

I’ve recently finished my bachelors in Keele and now for my masters I can’t decide if I want to just carry on at the same uni or go to Queen Mary (I primarily live in London and I’ve got offers for both). Has anyone done these courses and could let me know how it was and if it’s worth it, in a practical sense of how hands on it is? Most of my undergrad was during covid so I am dying for something very practical. Additionally, if I ended up wanting to do a 4-year graduate medicine course at Queen Mary would doing my Masters there give me an edge or it doesn’t matter???

(I really need help deciding to take me out of this limbo so any advice would be very appreciated!! Thank you :smile: x )
I've been told that being a Queen Mary alumnus doesn't give you an advantage when applying to graduate Medicine, but going to Queen Mary might give you an excuse to pop down to Whitechapel and start making yourself known?? (He asks, hopeful of doing the same)

Let me ask you this though - if you're thinking of doing graduate entry Medicine, isn't doing a Masters a complete waste of your time? It won't look bad, but there are other things you can do that will definitely improve your application that won't involve adding yet another year of university to your life and a gratuitious extra thousands of pounds of debt.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending